Mornings can get pretty crazy, and the last thing we need to worry about is eating a good breakfast. But we have to remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so we can't skip out on it. All you need is an extra two minutes in the morning to have a protein-filled breakfast that you can even take on the go. Search no more, here's an easy make-ahead freezer breakfast burrito recipe for those crazy mornings.

Freezer Breakfast Burritos

• 12 eggs
  • 1/2 lb breakfast sausage
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 16 tortillas
dairy product, sweet, crepe, bread
Katie Cooper

Spray non-stick cooking spray in a large skillet. On medium heat, scramble the eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.

meat, rice, scrambled
    Katie Cooper

In another pan, cook the breakfast sausage until it's done.

ground beef, meat, rice, cereal
    Katie Cooper

Once the sausage is cooked, take a spoon and add the meat to the eggs (leave behind the sausage grease) and also add the salsa and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted.

rice, chicken
    Katie Cooper

Once the cheese has melted, place the ingredients in a bowl and put them in the fridge for 30 mins or until they have completely cooled off.

corn, popcorn, macaroni
    Katie Cooper

Next, lay out all 16 of your tortillas and begin to divide the ingredients evenly between them.

#SpoonTip: Start with a 1/4 cup each and then go from there.

cheddar, chili, cheese
    Katie Cooper

Once all your tortillas are filled, wrap them up burrito-style and then wrap them individually in plastic wrap.

dough, bread, dairy product, flour
    Katie Cooper

Place your 16 burritos in a gallon-sized freezer bag and label the outside with what they are and how to reheat them so you never forget.

cake, coffee, chocolate
    Katie Cooper

Reheating instructions: unwrap your individual burrito from the plastic wrap and place a wet paper towel around it. Then place it in the microwave for 2-2.5 minutes or until it's heated.

#SpoonTip: After taking it out of the microwave, wrap it in foil to keep it warmer for longer.

pizza, bread, cake
    Katie Cooper

And there you go! Now you can have these easy freezer breakfast burritos on hand. After a long night, you have a quick breakfast that should help not only cure your hangover but also get you to that 9 am class on time. Hopefully, this frozen breakfast burrito will make your life just a little easier.

Looking for more recipes like this? If you really love burritos and want to try another recipe, here's a great recipe for a burrito that is bigger than your face. For those of you who are vegetarian, here's a great vegetarian breakfast burrito.