Cauliflower has become the new up and coming vegetable. Because cauliflower is packed with vitamins like vitamin K, C, and B6, it's a health lover's favorite. Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and even better, can substitute for almost any of your favorite carb-packed meals. So basically, cauliflower is the new kale. Here are my favorite recipes with cauliflower to lower my carb intake while still enjoying my food.

1. Cauliflower Tater Tots

rice, sweet, chicken, meat
Katie Zizmor

For all you breakfast lovers, these cauliflower tater tots are a must. Not only are they so simple to make, but they allow you to enjoy tater tots on the side of breakfast without all of the carbs.

2. Cauliflower Fried Rice

risotto, meat, onion, pepper, rice, vegetable
Laura Bailey

One of my favorite cauliflower recipe is cauliflower fried rice. Whenever I'm craving Asian food, I make a huge batch of cauliflower fried rice for myself and for leftovers. Without exaggerating, this recipe with cauliflower tastes almost identical to regular fried rice. Enjoy your fried rice while eating right.

3. Cauliflower Tacos

salsa, chili, bread, lettuce, chicken, tacos, vegetable, beef, meat, tomato
Angela Kerndl

Do Taco Tuesday the cauliflower way with these cauliflower tortillas. If you're not a fan of lettuce wraps and want a tortilla for your tacos, whip up a batch of these cauliflower ones for a low-carb and satisfying substitute.

4. Cauliflower Crust Pizza

cheese, mozzarella, broccoli, pizza
Laura Silver

A classic and delicious cauliflower recipe is cauliflower crust pizza. When I'm craving a slice of pizza, I always use this recipe as my go-to. Using cauliflower as a substitute never made eating well this easy for me. Personally, cauliflower crusted pizza is my favorite.

5. Cauliflower Buffalo Bites

chicken, cauliflower, meat, sauce
Emily Chandel

Never again miss out on buffalo chicken bites or wings when you have these cauliflower buffalo bites. This is the perfect healthy recipe to make for a game day appetizer that will leave your guests extremely content.

6. Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes

parmesan, spinach, cheese
Alison Weissbrot

Sometimes all anyone needs is a good comfort food. Rather than reaching for incredibly starchy options, create your favorite foods using cauliflower. These cauliflower mashed potatoes are a perfect and clean way to end any long day on the right note.

7. Cauliflower Grilled Cheese

cheese, pie, sweet, pastry, cake, meat
Kylie Kinder

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, cauliflower grilled cheese is real and is a thing. Pair this low-carb comfort food with classic tomato soup for the perfect cozy lunch.

8. Cauliflower Hummus

vegetable, carrot, celery, hummus
Marie Chantal Marauta

This paleo friendly snack is perfect to munch on with your favorite fresh veggies. Create your own cauliflower hummus ,and try it with your friends the next time they come over. 

Who knew it was possible for a simple vegetable to be the perfect low-carb substitute for almost any recipe? Cauliflower recipes are so simple to make and absolutely delicious. If you're trying to watch your carb intake, definitely give these recipes with cauliflower a try.