There's really nothing better than having some warm soup to shake that winter chill out of your bones. While hearty chilis and beef stews are super popular, vegetarian soup recipes also hit the spot. These soup recipes are easy to make yourself and are perfect to come home to after a cold day. Whether you're vegetarian or not, these recipes will hit the spot.

1. Farro, Bean, and Vegetable Soup

vegetable, tomato, legume, chili, sauce, meat, pepper
Katherine Baker

This vegetable soup recipe is my favorite because it's extremely filling and you can kinda put whatever you want in the soup depending on your mood. This recipe calls for farro or quinoa as a base, but I personally like using rice. Whatever you choose, you can be assured that you'll be completely satisfied with the taste of this recipe. 

#SpoonTip: Try eating this soup with some tortilla chips for an added crunch.

2. Thai-Style Vegetable Curry

sauce, vegetable
Rae Steinbach

Okay, so this curry recipe is not technically a soup, but it's in the same family as soup. When it's this cold outside, do you really care about the semantics of the name? This recipe is amazing because you can put in as many different vegetables as you want and come up with new combinations each time. 

3. Broccoli Cheddar Soup

soup, cream, bread, vegetable, parsley, broccoli, garlic, broth
Parisa Soraya

This broccoli cheddar soup is an imitation of Panera's soup. The good thing about this recipe is that instead of going out into the cold and getting the Panera version at $7 a bowl, now you can stay at home and have this delicious meal at a way cheaper price. Plus, it only calls for five simple ingredients. 

4. Sweet Potato Lentil Soup

chili, soup, sauce
Sarah Silbiger

Like the other soups on this list, this sweet potato lentil soup is loaded with vegetables, protein-rich lentils, and can be made vegan if you omit the Parmesan. It only takes 20 minutes to make, and you can eat it all week or freeze it if you decide you want to save it for later. 

5. Vegetable Rice Soup

Kelda Baljon

This is a classic recipe that gets better each time you make it! The prep for this vegetable rice soup is really easy, and you only have to let it cook for 30 minutes before you can warm your body and soul with veggie deliciousness.

6. Minestrone Soup

pasta, gnocchi, zucchini, tomato, pesto
Theo Huxley

For those days where you feel like doing absolutely nothing, this minestrone soup is amazing. It takes little effort and you can make it in the microwave! 

7. Butternut Squash Soup

squash, carrot, pumpkin, parsley, cream, soup, bisque, butternut squash soup, butternut
Julia Gilman

You'll really like this butternut squash soup if you like creamy, hearty, and nutritious soups that will warm you right up! It's pretty cheap to get all of the ingredients and is ready in about an hour. To make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.  

8. Carrot Soup

Viola Spahiu

A bowl of this creamy, hearty, and just slightly spicy carrot soup will take the edge right off the cold weather. It's also vegan, which means you can enjoy a bowl with even more friends.

#SpoonTip: Eat this with an avocado or some toasted bread for an even better experience. 

9. Curry Cauliflower Soup

Brooke Gabriel

I put another curry on the soup list, but after you try this cauliflower curry soup recipe you will be so grateful. This soup recipe is both flavorful and filling, and has just enough kick to keep you coming back for more.

10. Cuban-Style White Bean Soup 

soup, vegetable, legume, parsley, meat, pea, broth, split peas
Savannah Carter

You can't go wrong with this Cuban-style soup. You can make it as spicy or mild as you want. At the end, it's great if you add some cheese and jalapeños for a well-rounded bowl of soup.

11. Stracciatella Soup

spinach, chicken, soup
Anna Hirschorn

Stracciatella soup is ridiculously easy to make and it only takes a few ingredients. It tastes delicious, and if you have a cold from spending too much time in the winter air, this soup will instantly make you feel better. Swap out the chicken broth for vegetable stock to make this a vegetarian soup recipe. 

12. Tortellini Soup

pasta, spinach
Caroline Grew

If you want to take a quick study break and are craving your mom's homemade chicken noodle soup, look no further than this tortellini soup recipe. It's very simple and only takes 10 minutes to make. The spinach and garlic go great with tortellini noodles to keep you warm all winter long. 

13. Mushroom Soup

soup, noodle, chicken, broth, vegetable, ramen, carrot
Kamila Gabitova

If you're on a tight budget, I suggest making this mushroom soup. It'll remind you of summer with its delicate flavor. Plus it only takes 10 minutes to prep this soup, although you do have to wait for a while for the soup to simmer to perfection. 

14. Tomato Soup

soup, bread, cream, parsley, lobster bisque, vegetable, broth, pumpkin, garlic
Hui Lin

This tomato soup is perfect for anyone who has zero cooking skills, because it's basically impossible to mess up. It's ultra delicious and you can season it however you'd like.

#SpoonTip: If you want to make your soup even better, make grilled cheese to go with it or pop some croutons on top. 

15. Spicy Pumpkin Soup

cream, soup, bread, sweet
Kendra Valkema

This spicy pumpkin soup will warm you from the inside out. You can make this in a slow cooker and let it heat all afternoon. All you have to do with this recipe is mix the ingredients together and let it simmer. 

#SpoonTip: Serve this with some toast or some apple slices for a really good meal. 

Hopefully, these vegetarian soup recipes will keep you feeling full and satisfied this winter. To make your semester as easy as possible, try prepping some of these soups and freezing them for future enjoyment. Just portion your soup into a jar and heat it up in the microwave when you're ready to eat it.