The year 2023 was one of Taylor Swift's biggest to date. She sold out stadiums around the world for her record-breaking Eras Tour, accompanied by a theatrical concert film release. She became Spotify's most-streamed artist of the year, pushing Bad Bunny out of his No. 1 status. Additionally, she found new love with Travis Kelce and put the likes of vodka crans and raisins back on the map. On top of it all, today, she was announced as TIME's 2023 Person of the Year. The most-streamed woman artist in Apple Music history, of course, took pictures for TIME with who she loves most, her cat(s). On top of documenting the “Taylor effect,” new romance, and more, the TIME story by editor Sam Lansky shows how the Midnights artist did Eras Tour prep and stayed ready to slay for hours at a time.

How did Taylor prep for the Eras Tour?

When it comes to performing for more than three hours with 16 costume changes, in front of thousands of fans, of course, there is a lot of work involved. Training began six months ahead of the first stadium show and started dance routines three months ahead of time. “Every day I would run on the treadmill, singing the entire set list out loud,” she says in the article. “Fast for fast songs, and a jog or a fast walk for slow songs.”

As if this wasn't enough, Swift admitted that she did give up drinking, except for Grammy's night. This was totally deserved. “Doing that show with a hangover...I don’t want to know that world,” Swift told Lansky. 

Now, it definitely makes sense that Swift celebrated the end of her first leg of the Eras Tour with a glass of white wine, one of her favorites

Singing 40+ songs from nine albums is no small feat, so of course, a day-long break is needed after such an experience. “I do not leave my bed except to get food and take it back to my bed and eat it there,” Swift shares in the TIME profile. “It’s a dream scenario. I can barely speak because I’ve been singing for three shows straight. Every time I take a step my feet go crunch, crunch, crunch from dancing in heels.” 

Honestly, she is just like us... except all we did was stay up late at night watching YouTube and trying to get to class on time. After lecture, I just need to eat my little snacks in bed, ya know?

Overall, the key takeaway from this year is that Swift “is the proudest and happiest I’ve ever felt, and the most creatively fulfilled and free I’ve ever been,” she says.

Click here to read the full TIME profile.