This past Wednesday, Taylor Swift gave her final U.S. Eras Tour performance in Los Angeles. During the show, Taylor gobsmacked fans by announcing the 1989 (Taylor’s Version) October 27 release date. As if that wasn’t enough, Gaylor fanfic stans got a Karlie Kloss sighting (yes, I read more than just Dramione fanfiction). But, what really made my swiftie heart swoon was Taylor’s end-of-show white wine salute. Dressed in a sparkly purple dress that’s giving Midnights, Taylor held a glass of white wine and toasted the audience before she made her final exit backstage. 

During the Los Angeles show, Taylor received an eight-minute standing ovation for her “Champagne Problems” performance. So, I can only imagine that the white wine at the end of the show must partially be a nod to that incredible display of audience support.

In honor of Taylor Swift’s white wine salute, here’s ten wine-themed lyrics from the epic menagerie that is T-Swift’s discography. I owe a huge thanks to Reddit and its dedicated researcher @itookyourmatches.

“You won’t remember all my champagne problems” — "champagne problems," evermore

“Spilling wine in the bathtub” — "Dress," Reputation

“Swimming in a champagne sea” — "This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things," Reputation

“You’re still all over me like the wine-stained dress I can’t wear anymore” — "Clean," 1989

“Rosé flowing with my chosen family” — "the 1," folklore

“Filled the pool with champagne and swam with the big names” — "the last great American dynasty," folklore

“August slipped away like a bottle of wine” — "august," folklore

“That ain’t my merlot on his mouth” — "no body, no crime," evermore

“Este’s a friend of mine, we meet up every Tuesday night for dinner and a glass of wine” — "no body, no crime," evermore

“Dare to sit and watch what we’ll become and drink my husband’s wine” — "ivy," evermore