With the widespread popularity of Spotify Wrapped each year, many companies have followed suit and introduced their own take on ‘Wrapped’ — there’s a Snapchat Year in Review, a Facebook Year Together, and even a Duolingo Wrapped. It seems like we can’t get enough of seeing our patterns and habits, comparing them to years past, and laughing at how many times we did one thing or another. 

If ordering food delivery is your kryptonite, GrubHub wants to acknowledge you this holiday season. With GrubHub Delivered, the app’s take on ‘Wrapped’, a.k.a, a conglomerate of GrubHub user data and trends across the U.S. From a new obsession with spicy condiments to a big time trend of french fries, GrubHub Delivered got the deets on how we ordered food in 2023.

Photo by Grubhub

Spice had its moment.

Sriracha was added to orders nationwide a grand total of 91,000 times, and overall, over 53 million items were ordered with added spice, like chipotle or jalapeño sauce. This is the first year that spicy condiments were included in the top 10 condiment orders!

Diet Coke still is the goated beverage.

In-office orders of Diet Coke increased by 17% in 2023. Are we at all surprised?

Late night coffee drinker? You’re not alone.

In 2023, over 10 million coffee orders were placed after 5 p.m. Also, people added more dairy milk to their caffeinated beverages in comparison to previous years, with a 20% rise in dairy milk coffee orders. The top 3 dairy orders were whole milk, 2%, and chocolate milk. 

French fries were the top ordered side dish of 2023.

And 600,000 customers ordered a salad with fries. We love to see balance.

Pineapple on pizza is getting less contentious.

Pineapple as a pizza topping had an increase in orders by 33% since 2022. Good to see us finally somewhat agreeing on this age-old debate!

Pickles.

Pickles rocked our world in 2023, with Pickle Spritz, Pickle Mochi Ice Cream, and Pickle Fries. And, the obsession didn’t stop with GrubHub orders — pickles had the largest increase in orders as an individual item since last year at 89%. In total, there were over 6.9 million pickle orders in 2023. Go off!