The holidays were a #blessed time of a break from school, friend and family gatherings, and most importantly, good ass food. From Thanksgiving to Christmas, turkeys were perched atop long tables and surrounded by glorious side dishes that only added to the goodness of the entire meal. But why let turkey only get the spotlight on these holidays? Here are 15 turkey recipes that you can prepare at anytime of the year to bring back those memories of a grand and delicious holiday dinner (without all the fuss).

Turkey Chili

chili, meat, vegetable
Stephanie Cozza

While it’s still cold, chili is the perfect dish to make to keep you warm, and takes almost no time at all to make. Cooking chili with ground turkey is a healthier alternative to the typical version using ground beef. And the spices in this recipe create a great flavor that will make you forget you aren’t eating greasy beef altogether. Make a big pot of chili at the beginning of the week, so that way you’ll have leftovers for a quick dinner on busy school days. 

Spinach, Turkey Sausage, and Egg Breakfast Muffins

salad, cheese, basil, vegetable, spinach
Meredith Ross

These breakfast muffins are a super clutch way to get in a quick breakfast before class, as they can be made the night before then simply popped into the microwave in the morning when you're running late (no judgment). Make them with turkey sausage, spinach, egg whites, and any other additional veggies for a super healthy and filling brekkie you might even start waking up early for. 

Turkey Taco Salad

meat, sauce, pasta, vegetable
Raissa Xie

Taco Tuesday is one of the most important meals of the week, and without any more promising huge holiday dinners, they should take a big priority in your weekly routine. Make the meal a little healthier by trying out this turkey taco salad recipe that will put an exciting spin on your average taco Tuesday dinner. For extra bonus points, load yours up with fresh veggies, spices, and homemade guacamole

Turkey Roll-Ups

tomato, ham, cheese, bread, sandwich, lettuce
Saleyka Calvillo

This is the perfect protein-filled snack to enjoy on busy days, or for a little pre or post-workout boost. For even more nutritional benefits, wrap the turkey slices around fresh veggies like spinach, tomatoes, and avocado, then slather on hummus and throw in a slice or two of cheese (because cheese makes everything better). Feeling those #gainz yet?

Cuban-Style Turkey Avocado Panini

avocado, chicken, bread, cheese, ham, tomato, turkey, lettuce, sandwich
Hannah Cooper

If you like cubans and/or grilled cheese, you're going to love this panini. Use turkey deli slices (way cheaper than the whole bird), avocado, chipotle mayo, cheddar cheese, and your fave type of bread to create a sandwich overflowing with a combination of delicious flavors. It's way better to take for lunch than a boring PB&J, and might be almost as good as a Thanksgiving dinner. 

Ginger-Sriracha Turkey Burgers

gif
Emmy Daniels

Put down that average, greasy fast food burger and prepare to whip up a flavorful masterpiece that is this ginger-sriracha turkey burger. Ground turkey is used as a healthier alternative to ground beef, but with the addition of spices and Sriracha mayo, you won't even notice the difference. This burger is perfect for a summer grill-out, when you won't even be thinking twice about holiday dinner on a cold Christmas night. 

Turkey Mac and Cheese

cheese
The Food Joy

Mac and cheese is already one of the best creations known to man, but adding in shredded turkey makes it all the better (and delivers some extra protein). This recipe calls for three different kinds of cheeses, so you know it's going to be out of this world. Add in some fresh cranberries if you're really having withdrawals from your home cooked Thanksgiving dinner. 

Turkey Meatballs

meatball, meat, sauce, sweet
Kirby Barth

Whoever thought of turning ground meat into itty-bitty balls is sort of a genius. They're the perfect size to add into pasta with homemade marinara sauce, for a filling and delicious dinner reminiscent of mom's great home cooking. Or, get even more creative with your meatballs with these other creative recipes

White Cheddar, Apple, and Turkey Caesar Sandwich

grilled cheese sandwich, bacon, ham, meat, toast, tomato, cheese, lettuce, bread, sandwich
Kiara Lee

Forget Caesar salad, this spin on the typical use of Caesar dressing will give lettuce a run for it's money. This sandwich is stocked with deli turkey meat, freshly sliced Granny Smith apples, lettuce and tomato, and sharp cheddar cheese. A great way to give deli meat some added smoky flavor is to heat it up in a skillet before adding it to the sandwich. Life. Changed. 

Turkey Stuffed Peppers

sausage, meat, beef, rice, ground beef, quinoa
Katie Seaver

You can't go wrong stuffing fresh bell peppers with spiced up turkey, beans, corn, rice, and cheese. You've got a whole dinner conveniently prepared in one edible dish. It's easy to make, easy to eat, and easy to clean up (quite the opposite of Thanksgiving dinner). What's not to love? 

Turkey Pot Pie

meat, vegetable, pastry, pie
Ming-Ray Liao

Chicken pot pie is the epitome of comfort meals. With the warm crust and soupy interior with fresh veggies, it's the perfect dish to curl up with on a cold night in. You could easily replace the chicken with turkey, adding the same great flavor with some additional health benefits

Black Bean Hummus Turkey Lemon Cheese Panini

chicken, cheese, sandwich
Tarika Narain

Well that was a mouthful. But it's sure to be a mouthful of deliciousness once you eat it. This panini is made with tomato-basil-parmesan bread (wow), turkey, black bean hummus, and lemon-flavored cheese (again, wow). All these ingredients melted together make for a citrusy, cheesy, creamy flavor combination with every wonderful bite. 

Turkey Apple Sausage

bacon, sausage, egg, scrambled
Claire Waggoner

Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, so make sure yours starts right with this turkey apple sausage. Incorporating ground turkey and fresh apples, it's way healthier than your typical breakfast sausage. Serve with scrambled eggs with fresh greens and wheat toast for a breakfast that's sure to keep you going till lunch time. 

Thai Peanut Sauce Turkey Burger

beef, cheese, sandwich
FoodBeast FoodBeast

Craving turkey day dinner and Thai food? Okay maybe that actually sounds like a weird combination, but I can guarantee these burgers taste pretty great. This turkey burger is made with a variety of fresh spices, then slathered with a gooey peanut sauce made from ground peanut butter. The combinations of sweet, salty, and a little spicy will drive your tastebuds crazy, in a good way. 

Roasted Turkey and Gravy

sweet, cream, chocolate
Helena Lin

If you're really missing out on a home cooked Thanksgiving dinner, why not whip up some roasted turkey and gravy (even if it's in the middle of summer). Make it with turkey breasts and thighs, instead of a whole bird, to save you from eating leftovers for a month. Go ahead and exercise your domestic skills by making your own gravy as well, as it's way better than the pre-made stuff. See, turkey is a winner any time of the year.