As college students, we all struggle to find recipes that are easy, healthy, and tasty.  When we do find those perfect recipes, the meals can become very repetitive.  No one wants to make a yummy meal and then eat it four days in a row, am I right? Well, this three-in-one turkey chili recipe answers our prayers as it creates three very different meals that you can still make in one pan. Let’s dig in.

turkey chili

Photo By Katie Seaver

Part one of this recipe is a basic turkey chili. Healthy and hearty, this is served best topped with sour cream and shredded cheese. Part two takes the turkey chili and adds in corn and brown rice to create a delicious jambalaya. This can also be served in a bowl with cheese and sour cream, or can be wrapped up in a warm tortilla for a healthier burrito. Finally, part three takes the jambalaya and stuffs it into bell peppers for a simple, yummy dinner.

All three parts of these recipes can be made together in under an hour and will leave you with three meals to last throughout the week.  The meals can be stored in tupperware in the fridge, and can even be frozen to save until the next week or two.

Try this delicious three-part recipe and you’ll have your roommates thinking you’re a real cook.

PART ONE: Turkey Chilli

• Prep Time:0 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 minutes
  • Total Time:10 minutes
  • Servings:2 servings of chili & 4 servings for next recipes

• 1 Package of Ground Turkey
  • 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes
  • 1 Can of Black Beans
  • 1 Packet of Chilli Seasoning
  • 1 pinch cayenne Pepper
Photo By Katie Seaver

Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add the ground turkey with the stove on medium-low heat.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Break up the turkey using two forks to crumble it, ensuring that it can all cook evenly.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Once the turkey has cooked for about 7 minutes and there is no more pink, add the can of crushed tomatoes and the can of drained black beans to the pan. Mix well.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Add the packet of chilli seasoning and a pinch of cayenne pepper (use more or less depending on your desired level of spiciness). Mix well.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Allow the chilli to cook for a few more minutes.  At this point part one of the recipe is done.  Separate about 1/3 of the chilli and set aside for your first meal.

Photo By Katie Seaver

PART TWO: Turkey Chilli Jambalaya

• Prep Time:2 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:7 minutes
  • Servings:2 servings of turkey jambalaya & 2 servings for the next recipe

• 1 Can of corn
  • 1 Package of microwaveable rice
Photo By Katie Seaver

Prepare the rice as directed on the packaging.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Add the drained can of corn and the package of rice to the pan of turkey chili from part one that is on low heat. Mix well.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Allow the jambalaya to cook for a few more minutes.  At this point part two of the recipe is done.  Separate about 1/2 of the jambalaya and set aside for your second meal.

Photo By Katie Seaver

PART THREE: Turkey Stuffed Peppers

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:25 minutes
  • Total Time:30 minutes
  • Servings:2 stuffed peppers

• 2 Red or Green Bell Peppers
Photo By Katie Seaver

Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove any seeds from the inside of the pepper.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Place the peppers in a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Add the remaining jambalaya from the skillet into the two peppers.

#Spoon Tip: Sprinkle with Mexican-blend shredded cheese for some extra goodness.

Photo By Katie Seaver

Bake for 15 more minutes.  Remove from the oven and enjoy!

Photo By Katie Seaver