Summer is a great time for adventures and trying new things with friends. What better way to spend time with your friends than over delicious iced matcha at cool new places? You can grab healthy teas and take cute photos perfect for your Instagram feed! Here is a list of pink-themed matcha cafes to visit this summer.

Alfred Tea Room

Los Angeles, California

This tea cafe is sister to Alfred, the Los Angeles coffee hotspot frequented by influencers and celebrities alike. The Alfred brand knows caffeine, and the matcha at Alfred Tea Room is delicious. You can order your matcha hot or iced, with dairy-free milks, or with boba! I love ordering a chai latte with a shot of matcha and grabbing a matcha-dipped croissant to nibble on!

Cha Cha Matcha

West Hollywood, California & New York City, New York

Originating in New York City, Cha Cha Matcha recently expanded to the West Coast. With pink and green décor, this place is full of Instagram-worthy photo spots. Cha Cha Matcha uses stencils to dust matcha powder over the top of their hot matcha lattes, and I love being surprised by different designs each time, from palm trees to hearts! The California location has cute pink umbrellas to lounge under outside the shop, while the NYC location is tucked inside a millennial pink storefront. No matter which location you visit, your matcha will be delicious and your photos amazing!

Holy Matcha

San Diego, California

Founded by female business owner Geraldine Ridaura, Holy Matcha just opened its second location. Both locations are in San Diego and are fully decked out in pink. Visit the North Park location and sit on the pink velvet couch while you sip your matcha, and if you visit Holy Matcha during the holidays, you can enjoy all of the pink Christmas decorations complete with a beautiful pink tree!

During the year, there are pop-up rose wall installations that the owner styles and creates herself. The rose wall is an excellent photo opportunity and is made of freshly cut roses. I love the baked matcha-flavored donuts, the vegan matcha soft serve, and the matcha horchata (made with Ridaura's grandmother's recipe!)—all served in pink glasses and on pink plates!

Why Matcha?

Matcha consists of ground green tea leaves, so it contains a concentrated amount of antioxidants, fiber, chlorophyll, vitamins, and caffeine. Unlike coffee, the caffeine in matcha does not make you feel jittery because matcha also contains the amino acid L-theanine. This powerful combination of caffeine and L-theanine gives you a sense of calm alertness, allowing you to concentrate well without spiked anxiety levels: it's a win-win situation!

Grab your friends and visit all three cafes this summer! Ordering iced matcha is a great way to cool off while enjoying a caffeine boost. Be sure to wear your favorite outfit and snap some cute photos of your matcha adventures with friends! You'll love these cafes so matcha!