The annual Reebok CrossFit Games, which began in 2007, are tests of extreme strength and fitness. To say that you have to be "in shape" to be a professional CrossFit athlete and compete in the games is a major understatement. Athletes who compete are known to be the fittest in the world—but how do they get that way? Besides following an intense training program, here are some of the foods that help get professional CrossFit athletes to the podium.

Rich Froning Jr. (2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Male Winner)

Contrary to many other CrossFit athletes, Richard Froning doesn't follow a Paleo diet. He focuses more on listening to his body and eating what makes him feel his best. Froning's diet does, however, consist mainly of protein, protein, and more protein. The Fittest Man in the World four years in a row gotta get dem gainz, after all.

Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir (2015 and 2016 Female Winner)

Salmon, sweet potatoes, and roasted veggies? Girl, I can get on board with that ANY day. Considering Davidsdottir has been named the Fittest Woman in the World two years in a row, her diet is clearly a winner too.

Ben Smith (2015 Male Winner)

As the Virginia CrossFitter Ben Smith said in this post, #Arbysdoesn'thaveallthemeatsanymore. His local Costco probably doesn't anymore, either. No shame, Ben. I'm a big egg lover myself.

Annie Thorisdottir (2011 and 2012 Female Winner)

A beef patty for every year she's won the CrossFit games and a side of sweet potatoes and veggies—what more could a super strong athlete (especially one with the awesome last name meaning "Thor's daughter") want?

Mathew Fraser (2016 Male Winner)

If I trained as hard as Mathew Fraser (and wasn't lactose intolerant) I'd stock up on peanut butter ice cream too.

Camille Leblanc-Bazinet (2014 Female Winner)

A seven-time CrossFit Games athlete and chemical engineer, Camille likes to start her day with a homemade carrot, orange, ginger, and turmeric juice. With all the health benefits of turmeric and ginger, maybe we should all follow in her footsteps.

Samantha Briggs (2013 Female Winner)

A bedtime pancake...I think all that needs to be said is that Sam Briggs is living all of our dreams.

If you want to be named the Fittest in the World, your diet has to be just as amazing as your training. Still, balance is needed for sanity, and these athletes show that even sweet treats can be part of a crazy training regimen. I don't know how these men and women do what they do, but it definitely inspires me to work harder every time I'm at the gym and see food more as fuel to keep my body going.