Throughout high school, my friends and I would bake food for each others' birthdays. This became a tradition, and the birthday girl would always have too many baked goods to fit in her backpack. When we got to college, we didn't want this tradition to end. So, we ~revamped~ the tradition by sending each other edible treats for birthdays. Who wouldn't want to get a phone call saying that there is a fresh Insomnia cookie cake waiting outside their door on their special day? 

1. Sugarfina 

If your best friend has a sweet tooth, Sugarfina is the way to go. The company prides itself on gourmet candies, chocolates, and truffles. You start off by picking a bento box size and design. After, you are able to select candies of your choice to customize the box! With rosé gummy bears, peanut butter truffles, and sugar lips to choose from, it's hard to go wrong. Not only is this a fun treat for the birthday girl, but it's also fun for you too! Who doesn't like agonizing over what candy to buy? 

2. Treat House 

Treat House is a gourmet rice-krispie treat dessert company. Perfect for friends that are gluten-free or have nut allergies, Treat House is a major birthday go-to. Choose from flavors including chocolate chip cookie, chocolate pretzel, red velvet, and s'mores to create the perfect snack. If you really want to go all out, you can even add your own images onto the rice-krispie treats. Time to search for those embarrassing pictures of your best friend in middle school! 

3. Jars by Dani

Jars by Dani began when the young baker Dani Beckerman had an idea to use mason jars to transform her cakes. Soon, her cake jars became a sensation. Filled with layers of different cake flavors, icing, candies, and sprinkles, these jars are the perfect way to wow your best friend. With flavors including cake batter, cookie dough, doughnuts, and strawberry shortcake, there are plenty of options.

4. Baked by Melissa 

Baked by Melissa really knows how to do birthdays. This bite-sized cupcake company is perfect for nut-free and gluten-free friends, as well as plain-old dessert lovers. Start off by choosing a birthday box with cute designs. Then, hand-pick what cupcakes your friend will receive! Choose from tie-dye (THE BEST), Chocolate Chip Pancake, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and other unique flavors. Your cupcakes will be delivered fresh and on time for your best friend's birthday.

5. The Cookie Dough Cafe

Calling all cookie dough lovers! The Cookie Dough Café edible cookie dough is the perfect gift to send to your bestie. You can send pints or a cookie-dough sandwich kit, amazing for any cookie monster. You can refrigerate the dough for up to 20 weeks, so you can savor this snack throughout the semester.

6. Insomnia Cookies

Famous nationally across college campuses, Insomnia Cookies delivers fresh, warm cookies to your door. Unlike the other delivery services, Insomnia delivers to dorms from their campus locations. You can order online and expect your delivery to be there in less than an hour! Choose between double chocolate chunk (my personal favorite), snickerdoodle, sugar, and so many other flavors. Insomnia then puts a special happy birthday graphic onto the cookie cake. You can't go wrong with a warm cookie cake! 

The next time it's your friend's birthday, be sure to wow them with an awesome dessert! With any of these options, you can ensure your friend will definitely be happy and stuffed on her special day.