For some people, summer is a time to not worry about classes and to lay out by the pool, while for others it’s still a time to wake up early, go to work, or even take summer classes. If you’re busy during the summer and still want to eat healthy, here are some meals that you can prep for your hectic week.

1. Chia Pudding

healthy meals

Photo by Brooke Bierhaus

This chia seed pudding is only 2 ingredients and can be modified to your liking. Chia seeds also have many health benefits, including that they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and are packed with antioxidants. Chia pudding can be made in many different ways, my all time favorite it mango and coconut chia pudding.

2. Spinach, Turkey Sausage, and Egg Muffins

healthy meals

Photo by Meredith Ross

A quick and easy grab and go breakfast for your mornings. These mini frittata muffins are easily customizable, and if sausage isn’t your thing, you can replace them with vegetables by making veggie quiche muffins.

3. Overnight Oats

healthy meals

Photo by Maggie Harriman

One of the best and most nutritious breakfasts you can have is oatmeal. When you’re in a hurry in the morning, there’s nothing better than just grabbing your overnight oats and heading out the door.

There are millions of varieties when making overnight oats, wether it’s cinnamon raisin, pumpkin spice oats, or if you’re in the mood for dessert, chocolate cheesecake oats.

4. Banana Oat Muffins

healthy meals

Photo by Natalie Tay

Muffins are my number one bae, and these one-bowl banana oatmeal muffins are the perfect grab and go snack that you can make ahead of time.

5. Protein Pancakes

healthy meals

Photo by Chelsea Renter

When are pancakes ever a bad idea? Especially when they’re protein pancakes. If you don’t like blueberries try making oatmeal cottage cheese protein pancakes. You can also make the entire batter and freeze the extra.

#SpoonTip: When you’re ready to eat them just pop them in the toaster and enjoy.

6. Greek Yogurt Parfait

healthy meals

Photo by Yonatan Soler

This is a breakfast that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth. Top it off with some homemade blackberry chia sauce, that’s loaded with Vitamin C, fiber, and Omega-3 fatty acids.

7. Waffles

healthy meals

Photo by Danielle Cahoon

These waffles are perfect for your mornings. They can easily be customized to your liking by adding different fruits to the batter or even dark chocolate chips.

8. Berry Smoothie

healthy meals

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

For the people who just can’t eat breakfast in the morning. Morning smoothies give your immune system a boost with fresh berries, and if you’re trying get in shape for summer, smoothies are the move for you.

9. Sriracha & Egg Avocado Burrito

healthy meals

Photo by Briana Jones

Spice up your morning with this protein-filled breakfast burrito. They’re perfect for freezing and reheating for the morning.

#SpoonTip:Try dipping them in greek yogurt for an extra creamy bite. 

10. Black Bean Burger

healthy meals

Photo by Parisa Soraya

Even if you’re not a vegetarian or a vegan, this burger alternative will definitely curb that beef craving, plus it packs a big protein punch.

11. Spinach Soufflé Stuffed Chicken

healthy meals

Photo by Megan McCormack

This spinach-stuffed chicken adds an extra kick to your meal. You can also sub in brown rice or any veggies you want.

12. Shrimp Scampi With Zucchini Linguini

healthy meals

Photo by Maddie Cole

Nowadays everyone is finding different things they can spiralize, but my go-to is still the zucchini noodle. When topped with shrimp in a whit whine and lemon juice sauce it gives it a light, healthy, and delicious meal.

13. Cauliflower Pizza

healthy meals

Photo by Paige Marie Rodgers

There are many different ways you could be eating your pizza, but one of the most healthiest way is by making a cauliflower pizza crust. It’s low in calories and carbohydrates and an excellent addition to any healthy lifestyle.

14. Salmon With Quinoa

healthy meals

Photo by Sarah Munger

This may sound like a lot of work, but baking salmon in a tinfoil packet gives you a fast and fresh meal that provides you with an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids.

15. Chickpea, Sweet Potato & Apple Farro Salad

healthy meals

Photo by Katherine Baker

Not all salads are dull and sad like most people say they are. Especially when they’re stacked with filling sweet potatoes, mouthfuls of grains, and sweet apples which offer a nice crunch.

#SpoonTip: This is 1 of 7 meals from How to Make a Week’s Worth of Vegan Meals for Under $30 From Trader Joe’s.

16. Spaghetti Squash

healthy meals

Photo by Julia Maguire

Who knew vegetables could taste this good? When baked in the oven and scraped out, spaghetti squash tastes almost similar to regular pasta, but you won’t feel as weighed down and guilty going back for those seconds.

17. Vegetarian Curry Chicken Pita Salad

healthy meals

Photo by Helena Lin

These multi-purposed chicken pitas are packed with nutrition and protein inside for instant nourishment. These are an easy to-go meal whether you eat it on a sandwich or add it to some greens.

18. Vegetable Wrap

healthy meals

Photo by Alexandra Hogan

If you’re still taking classes this summer and are low on cash, this vegetable wrap will provide you with a cheap and quick healthy filled lunch.

19. Chicken and Broccoli Portobello Stir-Fry

healthy meals

Photo by Shalayne Pulia

Stir-fry is one of the quickest meals you can make and it only requires on pan. Also, feel free to add any other protein, or try topping this dish with hemp or pumpkin seeds for an extra fancy flare.

20. Tilapia Tacos

healthy meals

Photo by Maddy Shannon

These fresh and healthy tilapia tacos are easy to make and allow for a lot of variations. Tilapia is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels, so eat up.