Zucchini spiralized into ribbons of pasta magic. Spiralizers are all the rage and once you own one you are going to be obsessed and spiralize anything in sight. You can use a mandolin too.. but that’s boring. But really, zucchini in linguini form without the guilt or feeling you just ate a mountain of pasta.

Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Linguini

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 minutes
  • Total Time:20 minutes
  • Servings:2-3

• 1 lb shrimp
  • 2 zucchini
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon garlic
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • Parsley
  • 1/4 cup red pepper flakes
Photo by Maddie Cole

Using a mandoline or a spiralizer (spiralizer is better) cut the zucchini into noodles 

GIF by Maddie Cole

Add olive oil to a saute pan and heat over medium for one minute. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and heat for another minute, stirring constantly to avoid burning

GIF by Maddie Cole

Throw the shrimp in and stir as they cook until they are pink on the sides and fully cooked, probably about 3 min. Remove the shrimp but leave any remaining liquid in the pan

GIF by Maddie Cole

Turn up the heat a to about medium-high and add white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Cook this mixture for about 2 minutes, then add zucchini noodles and cook for another 2 minutes

GIF by Maddie Cole

Add shrimp back into the noodles and mix thoroughly. Garnish with parsley and season to taste

GIF by Maddie Cole