With the end of the school year quickly approaching, it's time to slow things down. Appreciate the remaining time you have with your roommates before you're separated for a whole summer (or maybe longer if you're graduating). From pregaming for a night out to 2 am study munchies, some of the best memories you can make revolve around food. Coming together as a big group to try out a new recipe, meal prep, or have dinner after a stressful day are the kinds of things you need to savor before entering the real world. So, here's a list of the things you should cook with your roommates before graduation, because cooking is always more fun if you get to share the experience with someone else.

1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Pancakes

banana, syrup, pancake, chocolate, crepe, butter, peanut butter, maple syrup
Brittany Arnett

To kick off the list, here's a decadent (yet easy) breakfast/brunch dish perfect for hungover Saturdays or rainy weather. These chocolate peanut butter stuffed pancakes are super easy to make and can be made in advanced, so you can decide who'll prep and who'll cook. Oh, and did I mention that they're vegan and gluten-free friendly, too? 

2. Spinach and Artichoke Dip

cheese, spinach, lasagna
Brianna Sutherland

Potlucks can be stressful because oftentimes, you don't know what to bring, and you also don't want to break the bank. Fortunately, this spinach and artichoke dip costs under $10 to make, and with more than one pair of hands in the kitchen, is super easy to whip up. Paired with chips or fresh bread, this will be the most popular and impressive dish amongst the party.

3. 30 Minute Lentil Salad

kale, lentil, quinoa, broccoli
Tara Shooshani

This this lentil salad is the perfect dinner for when you're exhausted from 9 hours of class and need something super easy to eat, asap. It's fresh, super healthy, and can be easily meal prepped on Sundays to last the rest of the week. Grill up some chicken for protein, or use a plant-based source to keep it vegan.

4. The Creamiest Mac and Cheese

Danielle Orie

Move over, Kraft. There's a new, go to mac and cheese in town. Thick and creamy, this mac and cheese recipe is the only one you'll ever need, and the only one you'll ever want to eat, because of how hearty and homey it feels. It'll turn your Friday night dinners with your roommate into a sacred tradition.

5. Spiked Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles 

ice, ice cream, popsicle
Rachel Linder

Looking to cool off during those early summer days because your crappy, off campus apartment doesn't have air conditioning? Make strawberry lemonade popsicles. And, maybe have a cocktail or two while you pass the time waiting for these babies to freeze. 

6. Pizza from Scratch

Mitchell Asselin

College is composed of countless of Domino's Pizza boxes, but for a more memorable and adult meal, make your own, authentic 'za from scratch. There really is no better bonding activity than tossing dough in the air and getting flour all over your kitchen floor. 

7. Crockpot Carnitas

Tatum Kenrick

Although I am an avid fan of "This is Us," I'm not throwing out my Crock Pot anytime soon; it's too versatile and useful. Exhibit A: Chop up seasoned pork, onions, garlic, and bay leaves, throw them into your slow cooker, and cook for four hours for Mexican street-style carnitas. To boost efficiency, delegate one person to chop the ingredients, another to prep the tacos and limes, and a final person to make a pitcher of ice cold margaritas

8. Meaty Lasagna 

pizza, sauce, cheese
Julia Melton

One of the more time-intensive dishes on the list, this meaty, cheesy lasagna recipe is definitely worth the extra effort. Everything, from the sauce to the sausage seasoning, is made from scratch, and you can definitely taste the difference in comparison to the microwavable stuff. While you pass the time simmering the tomatoes and waiting for your masterpiece to cool, reminisce over freshman year with your roommate for some additional bonding and nostalgia. 

9. Oreo Cookie Lasagna 

Steven Shaltiel

And, to wrap up this list, I present to you a complement to the classic lasagna above: a dessert lasagna made of Oreos, Cool Whip, Nutella, and pudding. This no-bake recipe is great for all occasions, whether it be a dinner party or night in watching Netflix. You can replace the ingredients as you please, such as Nutella with cookie butter, but really, why mess with perfection?

#SpoonTip: Any leftover Oreos you might have leftover can be made into truffles, so the sugar-induced high never has to ends.

College is four or so years comprised of lots of learning, stress, growth, and of course, food, so make this final stretch count by spending time with your people. Whether you attempt to make your own pizza from scratch or have drinks while you wait for your popsicles to freeze, here's to finishing out your school year strong.