When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But when life gives you cheese, you transform it into a heavenly carbo-loaded treat. Not only does this mac-and-cheese recipe make the perfect pick-me-up meal, but it is one of my all-time favorites of my mom's homemade delicacies. It's great for family dinners, get-togethers, or holidays. So, get your lactate pill ready because you're not gonna wanna put your spoon down after you take your first bite of this creamy creation.

Mac-And-Cheese

• Total Time:1 hr

• 1 box pasta elbow noodles or shells
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 5 tablespoons flour
  • 2 1/2 cups warm milk
  • 1/2 cup warm heavy cream
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 8 ounces Monterrey Jack Cheese
  • 8 ounces Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
  • 8 ounces Extra Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese
  • 8 ounces Sharp or Extra Sharp Yellow Cheddar Cheese
  • 4 tablespoons butter for breadcrumbs
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 teaspoon Love
Danielle Orie

1. Boil macaroni/shells to al dente and pat dry.

Danielle Orie

2. Melt butter over medium heat.

3. Add flour and cook briefly in the pan while stirring until the mixture is slightly golden in color.

4. Heat up warm milk and heavy cream in the microwave or on the stove in a separate pot until warm.

5. Slowly add milk and then heavy cream to butter/flour mixture, whisking until sauce thickens. Add a dash of salt and pepper.

6. Shred cheese with a grater, and set aside until cream sauce is thickened.

Danielle Orie

7. Put half of the cooked macaroni in a 9x13 pan, then layer 1/2 of the cheese and half of the sauce in alternating layers. Repeat one more time.

8. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and then add breadcrumbs to the pan. Stir until golden brown.

Danielle Orie

9. Add breadcrumbs to top of mac and cheese.

10. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.

11. Enjoy!

Danielle Orie