I'm going to be honest here – the whole meal prep thing scares me. Like, don't I have to buy a billion containers? Spend my entire Sunday cooking? And what do I even cook? I decided to face these fears by tackling meal prep once and for all. With a little research, and a lot of help from some awesome meal prep ideas, I complied this list of easy options to include for your week's meals. Oh, and I also complied a pretty sick playlist to listen to while you do it.

1. Soft-Boiled Eggs 

egg, egg yolk, sweet, yolk
Brittany Arnett

Soft-boiled eggs are the perfect source of protein, without giving up any of that yolky goodness. Just boil these babies for 3-4 minutes and pop them in the fridge – all you have to do is peel and eat when you're ready.

2. Squash, Egg & Feta Breakfast Muffins

pastry, cheese, pie, sweet, dairy product, cake, vegetable
Hayden Carder

Have leftover eggs that you don't want to soft boil? Make these egg breakfast muffins instead. They're healthy, extremely easy to make, and even easier to eat.

3. Quinoa Salad with Cumin Lime Vinaigrette

quinoa, couscous, salad, avocado, vegetable
Julia McGuire

Quinoa is the perfect grain, because it's packed with protein and satisfies carb cravings. This quinoa salad uses an earthy cumin spice to add a little kick to your day.

4. Quinoa Sushi Rolls

coconut, cream, chocolate, cheese
Emily Li

Made the quinoa salad above? Here's a tip: boil some extra plain quinoa to use in these sushi rolls. Add in a little lean protein, veggies, and before you know it, you've got yourself a guilt-free sushi roll.

5. Zucchini Corn Salad

vegetable, corn, courgette, salad
Jackie Kuczynski

Super simple to make and extremely healthy, this corn salad is perfect for summer meal prep, as the ingredients are seasonal. And seasonal also means cheap, so it's a win-win.

6. Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Linguini

shrimp, pasta
Maddie Cole

I'm a sucker for pasta, and zucchini noodles can definitely curb that craving for me quick. The lean protein of shrimp, plus the health benefits from the zucchini make this recipe perfect for a pre-made lunch or dinner any day.

7. Tuna-Stuffed Avocados 

avocado, tuna, cucumber, rice, salmon
Olivia Chadwick

Canned tuna gets a bad rap, but I (and this avocado) are here to tell you otherwise. A can of tuna has around 120 calories and 20+ grams of protein, making it the ideal protein for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Spice up your canned tuna by stuffing it in an avocado, and you won't be sorry.

8. Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwich

avocado, sandwich, lettuce, bread
Kaitlyn Thayer

If you're vegan (or even if you're not), this chickpea salad sandwich is the perfect substitute for the classic chicken, tuna, or egg salad sandwiches that dominate the lunch scene. Plus, the avocado substitutes mayo for extra creaminess. Yum.

9. No-Bake Blueberry Banana Balls

chocolate, cookie, sweet, cake, pastry, candy
Vickie Nguyen

Perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up, a side, or a dessert, these blueberry banana balls are the best way to use overripe bananas – and there's no baking required. 

10. Peanut-Butter Banana Overnight Oats

jam, honey, sweet

Overnight oats = a meal prepper's dream. A few simple ingredients thrown into a jar the night before, and you've got a glorious breakfast just waiting to be eaten. Yes, it's really that magical.

11. 5-Ingredient Red Pepper Hummus

bread, toast
Parisa Soraya

With its healthy fats, vitamins, and fiber, hummus is a great snack staple alongside whole wheat pita chips, carrots, or celery. Prep a lot for your week and you can even spread some in your sandwiches or as a dressing for salads.

12. Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

cabbage, vegetable, sprouts
Kelda Baljon

Brussels sprouts are arguably the best vegetable to roast, and with the added protein (and flavor) of bacon, you know you can't pass up on eating them. Roast these up on a Sunday night and you've got a great side dish for the rest of your week.

See? Meal prepping isn't as hard as it seems. With these 12 meal prep ideas, a week's worth of dinners, lunches, and snacks are set. Just try not to eat everything while you cook.