I haven't started school yet, but I'm mentally preparing myself to get back in the grind. During my freshman year of college, I often skipped breakfast because I didn't feel hungry in the morning or didn't want to eat cereal for the fifth time in 24 hours. But now, going into my Sophomore year at UW-Madison, I've made it a goal to have a balanced, healthy breakfast every morning. I've compiled a list of 17 back to school breakfast recipes to make this semester easier so I never skip my morning meal again.

1. Overnight Oats

sweet, cereal, corn, milk, popcorn
Hana Brannigan

Overnight oats are one of the most trending breakfast options for busy mornings. They're easy, healthy, and time does most of the work for you. All you need are rolled oats, milk of your choice, and any toppings you like. 

2. Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins

egg, bacon
Jenna Johnston

These savory muffins are the perfect option if you like to meal prep. Make a batch of these on Sunday to last you the rest of the week, and enjoy eggs and bacon for breakfast without having to do the dishes. 

3. The Cloud Egg

egg
Nicole Cohen

If you're feeling basic and have some time before your first lecture, try making a cloud egg. As a bonus, you can impress your roommates with it, too. 

4. Mason Jar Yogurt Breakfast Parfait

yogurt, milk, sweet, berry, strawberry, cream, dairy, muesli, blueberry, granola, mint, dairy product, frozen yogurt
Jenny Mun

As Donkey from Shrek wisely said, "Parfaits is delicious." All you need to make a parfait is yogurt, fruit, and granola to make a healthy and irresistible reason to wake up. 

5. Bacon Breakfast Pancakes

pastry, cream, butter, honey, dairy product, sweet, syrup, pancake
Christin Urso

If you've got pancake mix and bacon, why waste? Use them both to make this incredible sweet and savory masterpiece. 

6. French Toast Dippers

cream, cannoli, cookie, cake, candy, chocolate, pastry, sweet
Emma Lally

These French toast roll-ups will make you feel nostalgic but will also help you after a night out. They're rich, super sweet, and only require a few simple ingredients. 

7. Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

cookie, sweet, chocolate, cake, goody, pastry, oatmeal
Zoe Holland

Cookies for breakfast? Yes, please. This recipe takes no time, effort, or fancy equipment. You can have an energizing, not-so-boring breakfast for the entire week. 

8. Healthy Breakfast Smoothie

juice, sweet, smoothie
Christin Urso

If it's super early in the morning and you're not feeling super hungry, a breakfast smoothie is one of your best options. They're energizing, customizable, and give you a chance to get your greens in before lunch and dinner. 

9. Breakfast Quesadilla

chicken quesadilla, cheese, pancake, bread, pastry
Sarah Goldman

Wake up to a fiesta with this simple, cheesy breakfast quesadilla. You can add all of your favorite omelet fixings like eggs, bacon, cheese, sausage, and veggies. Serve with salsa. It can also help if you went to one too many fiestas last night.

10. Two-Minute Breakfast Sandwich

cheese, english muffin, bread, sandwich
Elisa Djuhar

It takes just two minutes to prepare this filling breakfast sandwich. It's perfect for those mornings where you wake up late (aka every morning). 

11. Breakfast Pizza

chicken
Natsuko Mazany

Don't let that leftover pizza from last night go to waste. Upgrade it to breakfast pizza by simply adding eggs. 

12. Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Hash

Bacon, egg, and cheese are the 3 Musketeers when it comes to breakfast. Make a rich, flavorful, melty breakfast hash with just a few ingredients. 

13. Honey Brûléed Grapefruit

juice, citrus, grapefruit, sweet, tomato, vegetable, blood orange
Brittany Arnett

You don't need a blowtorch to make yourself this sophisticated, refreshing, and unique breakfast. Honey brûléed grapefruit is the perfect combination of sweet, sour, and bitter. Try it with oatmeal or even whipped cream. 

14. One-Pan Breakfast Burrito

eggplant, tomato, egg, omelette
Laura Bohannon

If you want a quick and filling breakfast that doesn't drain your wallet, try this breakfast burrito. It only takes one pan and minimal effort to say olé. 

15. Greens for Breakfast

egg yolk, asparagus, vegetable, spinach, egg
Amanda Shulman

If you wanna make your mom proud, get your greens out of the way first thing in the morning. The addition of grated cheese makes this breakfast more than edible. 

16. Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls

banana
Jordan Gottlieb

If it's cold and you don't feel like an açaí bowl, try a sweet potato bowl. It will give you a rich, warm, Thanksgiving-like feeling while it fuels you up for the day. 

17. Pretty Avo Toast

bread
Weichen Yan

If you're feeling basic, try making avocado toast that's filling and Instagramable. If you can't make it look pretty, just smash up the avocado and call it a day. It's your breakfast, after all.

Breakfast doesn't have to be boring or a hassle. Do a little meal prep on Sunday, or choose a meal that you can make in 20 minutes or less. You do you, boo. You never know, breakfast may just become your favorite meal with these back to school breakfast recipes.