In the Spoon series Pop Culture Kitchen, we write about celeb recipes trending on the internet. This month, we are discussing Justin Bieber’s protein shake made by Hailey Bieber.

With July 2023 being the hottest month on record (and August feeling even hotter, IMO), ice cold smoothies are basically the glue holding my life together. So I’m always on the lookout for simple and delicious new recipes. But when I saw that Hailey Bieber had shared her husband's fave protein smoothie recipe in a TikTok video, I have to admit I was nervous. I mean, the woman’s namesake Erewhon smoothie has 12 ingredients (including sea moss and hyaluronic acid) and will set you back $18.

How to make Hailey Bieber’s smoothie

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Mrs. Bieber’s newest smoothie recipe is refreshingly simple, containing only six ingredients: start with a base of ice and add vanilla almond Malk, blueberries, banana, raspberries, vanilla Ora plant-based superfood protein, and vanilla bean Orgain nutrition shake. Then just blend and enjoy. It’s giving…vanilla. But seriously, this smoothie sounds perfectly simple, delicious, and nutrient-packed, the ideal beverage to beat the summer heat. 

What protein powder does Hailey Bieber use?

If you make the Jailey smoothie at home, you can obviously swap or sub in whatever vanilla protein powder, plant milk, or protein shake you have on hand. But surprisingly, the Ora superfood protein is not insanely expensive. At $39.99 for 20 servings it’s slightly on the pricier side, but with 21 grams of protein per scoop, simple high-quality ingredients, and transparent third-party testing, it checks all our protein powder boxes. The Orgain shake is also quite reasonably priced, coming out to about $2.25 per shake if you purchase a 12-pack. I’m not a math person, but even with all the other ingredients this Hailey Bieber-approved shake is much more affordable than the $18 Erewhon option.

Since starting her What’s In My Kitchen? YouTube series eight months ago, Hailey has cemented her foodie status by sharing surprisingly simple signature recipes for air fryer wings, pizza toast, pão de queijo, and more. And now it turns out she makes a bomb smoothie too! A true renaissance woman. Kind of. Personally, I’m excited to try out this simple and refreshing smoothie recipe ASAP. Also, I hope Hailey’s husband appreciates her making smoothies for him. I mean, that’s love. All I can say is he better be washing the blender.