In the Spoon series Pop Culture Kitchen, we write about celeb recipes trending on the internet. This month, we are discussing Hailey Bieber’s signature air fried wings.

Hailey Bieber, model, skincare company founder, and apparent foodie, recently started a cooking show devoted to her favorite recipes for her YouTube channel. The popular segment, known as What’s In My Kitchen?, invites Hailey's fans into her and husband Justin Bieber’s real-life kitchen to show her cooking some of her original and favorite recipes. On her most recent episode, we see her prepping, cooking, and eating her air fryer wings recipe while giving us some inside scoop on her life at home. Her dog Oscar is featured as a special guest, and it looked like he wanted some of these wings himself. Will these air-fried chicken wings be the next big thing? Let's see what they are all about.

What are Hailey Bieber’s chicken wings?

She makes her “signature chicken wings” in the air fryer. Without an air fryer, you might not be able to achieve these exact wings, however you can still bake the wings and make them similarly. The air fryer is what makes them perfectly crisp yet tender. 

Last summer, Hailey Bieber was influencing everyone with what color nails she had (the glazed donut), and these wings might be her next big trend. Despite her alleged beef with Selena Gomez dominating the internet over the past few weeks, a good wing is a good wing. 

Photo by @HaileyRhodeBieber / YouTube

How to make Hailey Bieber’s wings at home

Hailey starts by marinating two pounds of chicken wings with two cups of buttermilk, which both tenderizes and coats the meat. She then seasons with one teaspoon each of garlic powder, garlic salt, and onion powder to give them some flavor. Last, she adds one and a half teaspoons of 24 Herbs and Spices and black pepper to taste, before putting the wings in the fridge and letting them marinate for about an hour.

Next, Hailey combines all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. She mixes one cup of all-purpose flour, garlic powder, and garlic salt with half a cup of cornstarch, adding that the “cornstarch is what makes them really really crunchy.” In a separate bowl, she whisks together two eggs, then dips one wing at a time in the egg wash, then the dry mix, and places the wings on a baking sheet to rest before cooking. After 20 to 30 minutes in the air fryer, they are done. To pair with it, she suggests a ranch potato salad as a side dish and her spicy sauce mixture of one cup of Bachan's original Japanese Barbecue Sauce, a few tablespoons of honey, a little squirt of sriracha, and a dash of cayenne..

Photo by @HaileyRhodeBieber / YouTube

To finish the dish off, Hailey combines the wings with the sauce, garnishes with scallions, and takes her “perfect first bite,” something she does on each episode. After taking her first bite, Hailey says it tastes like a “little slice of heaven,” and I have to say, these wings look like it. They look like a perfect mix of crunch and spice, and I can’t wait to try making these myself.

If anyone can influence me to do, make, or try something, it’s Hailey Bieber. From chrome nails to homemade crispy chicken wings, she has a chokehold on all of us, and I can’t wait for you and me to try these delectable-looking wings.