These crispy and classic buffalo wings are oven-baked, which means no need for excessive amounts of oil or deep-frying. But even without a pot full of hot oil, they still come out super crispy. Just in time for Super Bowl Sunday, this recipe is easy to make and a crowd pleaser. In the mood for a different type of wings? Check out this delicious play on sweet and spicy wings. 

Buffalo Wings

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 20 mins

• 2 pounds chicken wings
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • kosher salt to taste
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • ranch dressing optional for serving
  • carrot sticks optional for serving
  • celery sticks optional for serving
LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Preheat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, combine the chicken wings with the oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss until coated.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Prepare a baking sheet by placing an oven-safe rack on it. Place the coated wings on the rack on the baking sheet. Bake until the wings are golden and crispy, about 50 to 60 minutes. Flip the wings halfway through the cooking time.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

In a small pan on the stove-top over medium heat, stir together the hot sauce and honey. Bring the sauce mixture to a simmer and add the butter. Continue cooking until the butter is melted and the sauce has slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Remove the chicken from the oven and turn the oven broiler on low.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Transfer the wings to a bowl and add the sauce. Stir the wings and sauce together until the wings are completely coated with the sauce.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Return the wings back to the rack and place in the oven to broil until the sauce caramelizes, about 3 minutes.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez

Serve with ranch dressing and vegetables.

LaNiece A. Gonzalez