As college students, we often don't want to make an entire pot of mac n' cheese for one night because we know we won't eat the cold, hard leftovers. We often resort to Easy Mac (which sometimes isn't so easy), boxed Kraft macaroni, and on occasion we even buy the box of Velveeta. Why waste your time making below average mac n' cheese when it can take you 15-30 minutes to make a single serving of oozing, cheesy goodness?

All eight of these mac n' cheese recipes have been tested and devoured by hungry college students. They're perfect for every type of college or non-college student. I promise once you try these recipes you will never buy a pre-made cheese sauce again, unless it's delicious queso for your nachos.

1. Breakfast Bacon Egg and Cheese (BEC)

milk, dairy product, sweet, cream
Jayna Goldstein

Waking up in the morning just got a whole lot cheesier. You no longer have to decide between making a batch of macaroni (because you are probably waking up at lunch time) or a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.

This recipe incorporates delicious mac n' cheese, crispy hash browns, and crunchy bacon, but the best part has to be the yolk dripping onto all of the decadent layers.

2. 4-Cheese Mac N' Cheese 

dairy, dairy product, mashed potatoes, sauce, pasta, milk, cheese, tortellini, cream
Jayna Goldstein

This recipe was made for the fancy feaster that is buried deep down inside of each and every one of us. The combination of the soft Brie, tangy cream cheese, finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, and the hint of nutmeg creates one heavenly bite you can't find in any other recipe.

3. Creamy Avocado 

vegetable
Jayna Goldstein

This mashup on a classic mac n' cheese will make you question why you didn't come up with this recipe yourself. The avocado adds a whole other level of creaminess no cheese or butter could add. This recipe is perfect for any avocado or guacamole guru out there.

4. 4-Cheese Pizza

pastry, pie, sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, dough, cheese, crust, pizza
Jayna Goldstein

I am sure many of you have tried mac n' cheese on pizza, but I doubt you have ever turned your mac n' cheese into a pizza. This creative mashup will satisfy all of your cheesy cravings. If you love mac n' cheese and if you love pizza, you have to try this recipe.

5. Loaded Baked Potato

chili, soup, corn, meat, vegetable, parsley
Jayna Goldstein

Have you ever gotten bored of eating baked potatoes or mac n' cheese? Well, now is your chance to combine both classics and create a bowl of mac n' cheese loaded with your favorite baked potato toppings.

6. Hamburger Heaven

bacon, tomato, sandwich, meat, bread, cheese
Jayna Goldstein

There is nothing more American than a cheeseburger, except this cheeseburger-inspired, deconstructed mac n' cheese burger. Simply adding mac n' cheese to your burger is boring, so I highly recommended learning how to add your burger into your mac n' cheese.

7. Spicy Sriracha 

tomato, rice, couscous, cereal, pepper, vegetable
Jayna Goldstein

There is nothing more satisfying than diving your fork into a crunchy layer of bread crumbs and then hitting a soft cushion of creamy mac n' cheese, especially when the dish is packed with tones of spicy sriracha. Check out this recipe to see what replaces traditional bread crumbs in this not-so-classic baked mac n' cheese. 

8. Stringy Grilled Cheese

crust, sweet, bread, cake, grilled cheese sandwich, cheese, pastry
Jayna Goldstein

Mac n' cheese grilled cheese has taken many an Instagram feed by storm. Most of you were probably too lazy to even attempt to make an Insta-worthy sandwich, but with this recipe you are one click away from step-by-step instructions to amp up your grilled cheese game.