My mum has always been an expert at keeping our sugar intake down. She was the type of mum who hid chickpeas in our cookies, and bribed us with toys in exchange for giving up our Halloween candy. The result? I totally fell off the wagon when I came to uni. October 31st rolled around and I was knee-deep in O'Henry bars. I'm especially a sucker for easy Halloween recipes, and I whipped up everything from pumpkin pie in a mug to Halloween bark.

Although I've calmed down since then (RIP my high school jeans), I still love an easy Halloween recipe. Whether you're making treats for a party or you just fancy some spooky snacks, here are 17 recipes to get you started.

1. Witches' Broomsticks

Elizabeth Kim

These witches' broomsticks will cast a spell over you. And by a spell, I mean you'll eat 10 of them, and then magically forget all about it. Surely you couldn't have eaten 10 by yourself in one sitting, right?

2. Caramel Apples

chocolate, sweet, cake, candy
Margaret Davenport

It has an apple, so it's basically healthy, right? Whip up these caramel apples inspired by classic flicks such as "Hocus Pocus" and "Casper" for an easy Halloween treat.

3. Candy Corn Cookies

Angela Kerndl

These candy corn cookies will take your regular chocolate-chip biscuit to the next level. Feeling extra lazy? Buy your cookie dough pre-made and just throw in the candy corn before you bake it.

4. Jack O' Lantern Stuffed Peppers

pepper, vegetable, sweet, sweet pepper, chili
Leah Valenti

Alright, these jack o' lantern peppers might take a bit more effort than your average stuffed pepper. But you're also willing to spend an hour carving a pumpkin (you know it's true), so why not carve these adorable peppers instead?

5. Mummy Cookies

candy, sweet, cake, cream
Carl Pieri

These mummy cookies are wickedly easy. All you have to do is whip up a batch of your favorite sugar cookies, buy some candy eyes, and get fancy with your icing.

6. Hot Dog Mummies

Elizabeth Kim

It's like pigs in a blanket, but better; these hot dog mummies will have everyone dying for more. Bonus points if you can throw out some Brendan Fraser quotes from "The Mummy" while you make these.

7. Creepy Krispie Treats

cream, vegetable
Krista Stark

Upgrade your favorite childhood snack with this creepy Rice Krispies treat recipe. They're simple and quick to make, so you don't have to worry about irritating your flatmates by taking forever in the kitchen.

8. Candy Apple Milkshake

Arden Sarner

It's bloody, it's boozy, it's insanely boo-tiful. Blend up this candy apple milkshake for the ultimate easy Halloween recipe. The best part? If you're going to a party, you can use this to pre-game.

9. Marshmallows-on-a-Stick

Chelsea Hawk

It doesn't get much easier than these adorable marshmallows-on-a-stick. Get creative and try making bats, pumpkins, Frankenstein, or your flatmate in marshmallow form. Anything is possible.

10. Chocolate-Covered Pumpkin Pretzels

Elizabeth Kim

If you're one of those people who think PSLs are a gift from the heavens, then check out these chocolate-covered pumpkin pretzels. They may not taste like pumpkin, but they're a million times cuter.

11. Creepy, Crawly, Chocolate-y Spiders

Jeffrey Ho

I'll be honest, the second Harry Potter film has pretty much turned me off of arachnids for life, but even I can't resist these chocolate spiders. Seriously, just look how cute these are.

12. Halloween Cupcakes

buttercream, chocolate, peanut, butter, peanut butter
Jaime Wilson

These Halloween cupcakes are definitely for the more advanced beginners (that's an oxymoron, folks). If mixing up your own cupcake mix is a step too far, don't stress; you can always buy the mix pre-made and just follow the decorating instructions.

13. Frozen Banana Ghosts

cream cheese, cheese, cake
Alison Weissbrot

If you're looking to get in the Halloween spirit but you don't want to sacrifice those #gainz, then check out this recipe for banana ghosts. You can make the recipe even healthier by subbing out the white chocolate for yogurt.

14. No-Bake Witches' Hats

cream, sweet, cake, candy, chocolate
Amy Henson

You would never know that these witches' hats are only three ingredients. They're the perfect treat to throw together for a last-minute Halloween party.

15. Pumpkin-Shaped Marshmallow Treats

Jeffrey Ho

In terms of easy Halloween recipes, it doesn't get much better than this. Whip up these pumpkin-shaped marshmallow treats for a decoration that's both pretty and edible.

16. Worm Pudding

cereal, vegetable
Julia Gilman

Remember when you were a kid and your mum used to tell you not to play with your food? Well, now you can. Make your own worm farm with this worm pudding.

17. Homemade Twix-Kit-Kat Bar

cake, caramel, peanut, peanut butter, butter, chocolate
Arden Sarner

If you're all about the classics with a twist, then check out these homemade Twix Kit-Kat hybrid candy bars. If you thought that name was a mouthful, wait until you bite into these things. Yummm.

Even though I'm not throwing a Halloween party this year (#savethecarpets), I'm still planning to whip up some of these easy Halloween recipes over the next few weeks. Mum, if you're reading this, then don't worry; my sugar level intake will be back to normal in November. Promise.