It's the end of October and that means the first thing you'll see when you walk in the grocery store are rows and rows of marked down bags of Halloween candy. Trick-or-treating makes Halloween the best day of the year for any kid, by far. Free candy and an epic costume, what could possibly beat that?

Of course, college kids enjoy celebrating Halloween too. Despite being "too old" to trick-or-treat, we still manage to have fun throughout the entire Halloween weekend. 

candy, sweetmeat, goody, sweet, chocolate, bonbons, milk, chocolate candy
Angela Kerndl

And in case you were wondering what your favorite dessert tastes like paired with your favorite Halloween candy, you've come to the right place. You don't have to throw away your leftover Halloween candy anymore—you can actually make it better. The following is a list of the best recipes that incorporate your leftover Halloween candy.  

Snickers Milkshake

• Cook Time:0

• 10 fun-sized Snickers candy bars
  • 1 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup whipped cream optional
chocolate, milk, cream, coffee, sweet, peanut butter
Photo by Angela Kerndl

Place Snickers, ice cream, and milk into a blender. Blend for approximately 30 seconds.

chocolate, candy, sweet, toffee, milk, caramel, fudge, cream
    Photo By Angela Kerndl

Divide into 2-3 separate glasses. Top with whipped cream if desired.

chocolate, milk, cream, peanut butter, ice, pudding
    Photo by Angela Kerndl

They weren't lying, Snickers really do satisfy. Which means a milkshake made from the best candy bar is most definitely a win.  

ROLOs are a beautiful thing in and of themselves—a chocolate and caramel goodness. To make them even more amazing, put them inside a peanut butter cookie and you're set to go (it's no wonder Reese's ranks number one on the list of favorite Halloween candies). It doesn't get much better than that.   

ROLO-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies

• 1 stick salted butter softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 20 ROLOS
meat, chicken, sauce
Photo by Angela Kerndl

In a large bowl, mix together the butter and the sugars.

butter, cheese, cream, cream cheese, cake
    Photo by Angela Kerndl

Stir in the egg and the vanilla extract, then add the peanut butter. Mix the baking soda and flour in last.

egg, chicken
    Photo by Angela Kerndl

Once the dough is evenly mixed together, place it in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

hummus, cream, sweet
    Photo by Angela Kerndl

Place a tablespoon of dough onto a cookie sheet. The dough should be in a ball shape. Place a ROLO in the center on top of the ball. Top the ROLO with more dough (approximately 1/4 tablespoon, or enough to cover the ROLO). Repeat as many times as space on your cookie sheet allows.

butter, peanut butter
    Photo by Angela Kerndl

Place cookie sheet into the oven for 10 minutes. Once done, let cool for a few minutes. Then remove cookies from the cookie sheet and serve.

peanut butter, butter, peanut, cookie, chocolate
    Photo by Angela Kerndl

In this next recipe, make sure the candy corn is not touching the cookie sheet when you place the dough down because it will stick to the sheet, which is super hard to get off. I made that mistake, whoops. 

Candy Corn and White Chocolate Chip Cookies

• 1 stick butter
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup candy corn
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
vegetable
Photo by Angela Kerndl

In a large bowl, mix together thoroughly the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract.

cream, sweet, ice, chocolate, dairy product, coffee
    Photo by Angela Kerndl

Then stir in the milk, flour, baking soda, and salt to the same bowl. Add the candy corn and white chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for about 20 minutes.

corn, cereal, rice
    Photo by Angela Kerndl

Preheat oven to 350°F. Ball the dough into approximately one tablespoon and place on a cookie sheet. Place in the oven for 10 minutes and then let cool.

Photo by Angela Kerndl

Even though we may be too old to still trick-or-treat, we'll never stop loving Halloween. Make one of these recipes to bring back memories of the good old days trick-or-treating. Plus, you won't have to throw out perfectly good candy.  

And if you're still trying to figure out what to wear this year, I suggest going as food, of course, so check this out for a few ideas.