It's mid-October, and you know what that means: pumpkin picking! You dream of scoping out the fields, like Indiana Jones on his latest archaeological quest, to find the perfect orange-colored beauty (and then take a really cute Instagram picture with it, of course). While pumpkins can be a great fall decoration or coffee flavor, we often forget that it is really a vegetable that can act as the main ingredient in some seriously tasty recipes. Below are some easy pumpkin recipes to make with your pumpkin patch find.

1. Classic Pumpkin Pie

pumpkin, sweet

This one is a classic. This pumpkin pie will make Friendsgiving feel just like you're celebrating at home.

#SpoonTip: This recipe tells you how to puree the actual pumpkin, which will be helpful for the other recipes that require pumpkin puree.

2. Pumpkin Fries

Anything that can be made into finger food is my kind of food. If you love sweet potato fries, I'd definitely give these pumpkin fries a try.

3. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

pumpkin seeds, sesame seed, vegetable, cereal
Alyssa Robertson

You know the part that you scoop out when you want to carve the pumpkin? Save it for this roasted pumpkin seeds recipe! This is the perfect pumpkin recipe to snack on while watching Hocus Pocus.

4. Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

blackberry, pastry, blueberry, syrup, berry, pancake, sweet
Malia Hu

Pumpkin for dessert, dinner, snack...and breakfast?! I'll have my pumpkin spice latte with a side of these pumpkin pancakes, please.

5. Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls

sweet, bread
Dylan Barth

The Pillsbury Doughboy may have some competition on his hands. This pumpkin pie crescent roll recipe is so quick and easy that you can have it for dessert every night.

6. Chocolate Pumpkin Bread

chocolate, cake, brownie, cream, pastry, pie, sweet
Maia Vernacchia

This chocolate pumpkin bread recipe isn't your average pumpkin bread. Applesauce, chocolate chips, and pecans are some of the stand-out ingredients in it and make for a super moist, flavorful bread.

7. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Meringue Cookies

dairy product, cake, chocolate, candy, pastry, sweet, cookie
Katherine Carroll

You can't have a list of easy pumpkin recipes without a healthier option! A combination of whipped egg whites and sugar make this pumpkin cookie naturally low-fat, lighter on your stomach, and simply yummy.

8. Pumpkin Milkshake

sweet, mocha, espresso, ice, cappuccino, chocolate, milk, cream, coffee
Dara Ades

There are no lattes on this list, but this pumpkin milkshake should cover all of your sipping needs. It's only three steps to make, including the sipping part.

9. Spicy Pumpkin Soup

cream, soup, bread, sweet
Kendra Valkema

We all know that most veggies can be mixed up into a soup, but pumpkin soup is a step above the rest. Just trust me with this soup recipe.

10. Edible Pumpkin Cookie Dough

Katherine Luo

This cookie dough recipe is the perfect mix of everyone's favorite trendy foods: edible cookie dough and pumpkins. Break out the spoons, people!

11. Pumpkin Donuts

pretzel, pastry, salt, sweet, bagel, doughnut, bread
Caitlin Shoemaker

If all other pumpkin breakfasts fail, you will always have the classic pumpkin donut. These take five minutes to make in the microwave, which is probably less than what it takes to get to the nearest Dunkin' Donuts. 

Don't be afraid to go crazy this fall with these delicious, easy pumpkin recipes. These treats should last you until the end of the autumnal season, or until you're officially sick of #pumpkineverything...whichever comes first.