When I first heard what it takes to be a vegan I could not imagine anyone being able to easily transition into that type of lifestyle. But, now we live in a world where every day a new trendy and delicious restaurant opens that is either all vegan or has a vegan-friendly menu.

Being in DC is great if you're trying to live a healthy lifestyle, and there recently has been a rise in restaurants that have vegan friend menus. These restaurants are so good that everyone should try them out,  whether you eat animal products or not.

1. Chaia

Located in Georgetown, Chaia became a fast favorite for the community. All of Chaia's tacos are vegetarian but as the locals know, its employees are more than happy to make them vegan for you. Just ask to "make it vegan" and they'll take off the creamy sauces and cheese. 

2. Fruitive

Fruitive is known for being 100% organic and plant based. Not only does it have açai bowls that would make any morning better, but it also has a huge menu that includes avocado toast, soups, and salads. 

3. The Little Beet

All of the dishes at The Little Beet are gluten free, which means they are perfect for any food sensitivities. What's awesome about this place is that the online menu allows you to click "vegan," to highlight all the dishes that are sans meat and dairy.

4. Beefsteak

All veggies all the time! Beefsteak is a popular DC spot for those of us looking for an all veggie lunch or dinner. This is another spot that if you want to go for an all vegan dish, you can customize your bowl accordingly.

5. Protein Bar

Protein Bar certainly lives up to its name. With all its dishes packed with protein, you are sure to find some delicious vegan treats for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

6. DC Harvest

Many of the dishes at the incredibly popular and upscale DC Harvest are vegan friendly. And, if you're looking for a vegan brunch, this place has got you covered. Who said brunch has to include eggs?

7. JRINK Juicery

For those of us who are looking for a juice cleanse that is super yummy and vegan, JRINK is the place. At JRINK you can custom your juices so that you can make sure you know exactly what's going into your body. Plus, it has some pretty beautiful smoothie bowls to add a pop of color to your Instagram.

8. Shouk

Shouk is a DC-based mediterranean & Middle Eastern restaurant whose food is 100% plant based. The best part for vegans, their motto is, "It is (whatever your diet is)-friendly."

9. Khepra's Raw Food Bar

Khepra's Raw food bar is all about providing diners with food that the body wants. What's cool about this place is that the founder is nationally known for his work with helping people heal through food and detoxes. 

10. HipCityVeg

HipCityVeg's mission is to bring healthy lifestyles to everyone and to create a healthier planet. Like most vegan spots, HipCityVeg is plant-based and super delicious. 

SpoonTip: Try one of their signature vegan burgers! 

These vegan-friendly DC hot-spots are a must-try if you're vegan or willing to try something new. Can you eat at every spot?