Avocados are a glorious addition to any kitchen or meal. Their buttery taste and numerous health benefits have skyrocketed this fruit to fame, so it’s no surprise that in 2014, a survey showed that Americans consume 1.7 billion pounds of Mexican avocados each year.  

Part of the avocado’s popularity lies within its versatility. Whether you’re an avo toast loyalist or always looking to experiment with the latest trend (avocado latte, anyone?), the options are endless when you have an avocado or two in the kitchen.

But with great power comes great responsibility. Personally speaking, this versatility can be my downfall. By the time I decide what to make with an avocado, it starts to go bad. 

So what I've learned: Preparation is key. Having the perfect recipe in mind means no more wasted fruit and this time, the answers are in the stars. Read on for the perfect way for you to cook with avocados, based on your zodiac sign.

Leo (July 23–August 22)

milk, truffle, coffee, candy, sweet, chocolate
Emily Hu

Leo is the leader of the pack. Their creativity and passion make them likely to seek out the latest and greatest trends, with food being no exception. Avocado desserts are definitely a twist on more traditional recipes, and these avocado dark chocolate truffles are sure to satisfy the Leo that enjoys the more decadent things in life. 

Virgo (August 23–September 22)

egg, sandwich, avocado
Kaitlyn Thayer

Virgo takes a more practical and analytical approach to life. Avocado egg salad is perfect for this sign, as this recipe stands out on its own, in a wrap, or in a sandwich. And what’s more practical than a healthy recipe that can be adapted for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Libra (September 23–October 22)

pomegranate, salad, vegetable
Amanda Shulman

Nothing brings people together like a good bowl of guac. For Libra, who is social, cooperative, and gracious, hosting a get-together with friends comes naturally. As lovers of beautiful things, Libras should check out this recipe for pomegranate guacamole, where bright red pomegranate seeds add color to an otherwise ordinary bowl of guac. 

Scorpio (October 23–November 21)

iced matcha latte, matcha latte, matcha powder, green tea, Green, latte, mason jar, vegetable, milk, smoothie, yogurt
Julia Gilman

For the resourceful sign, any old avocado recipe won’t do. Scorpio needs something with minimal ingredients and time — meet the 10-minute mango avocado smoothie. It only takes one mango, one avocado, a teaspoon of honey, and a bit of lemon juice to whip up a healthy, vegan treat. 

Sagittarius (November 22–December 21)

ice, dairy product, cream
Tara Longardner

Sagittarius tends to be idealistic, but with a sense of humor. Their open-mindedness and adventurous spirit can lead to some creative results in the kitchen. For those craving a savory dessert, hack a basic vanilla recipe to create avocado ice cream.

Capricorn (December 22–January 19)

lemon, ice, sweet, dairy product, cream, sorbet
Libby Perold

Since Capricorn is known to be disciplined and responsible, only an avocado recipe that gets straight down to business will do. Luckily, the glorious eggocado exists, bringing two very simple and very healthy ingredients to the table. It's a nutrient-dense snack baked to perfection.

Aquarius (January 20–February 18) 

tomato, vegetable
Robert Arrasate

Whether you call it being independent or aloof, Aquarius needs time alone every so often. Shakshuka is a known comfort food, but making a single serving in a sliced avocado? That changes the game–and there’s no sharing necessary. 

Pisces (February 19–March 20)

sauce, spinach, herb, avocado, basil, vegetable
Emma Brant

For Pisces, sharing is caring. This sign is known to be compassionate and willing to help others, no matter what they receive in return. Don’t be surprised if a Pisces offers you some of their guacamole hummus; it’s perfect for sharing. 

Aries (March 21–April 19)

meat, chicken
Max Bartick

Energetic, confident, impatient — that’s Aries. If you give an Aries an avocado, they should probably learn how to make these guacamole fries. This wacky, bold recipe is a great fit for the risk-taking zodiac sign. 

Taurus (April 20–May 20)

herb, salsa, vegetable, avocado, guacamole

Every time a Chipotle employee asks if it’s okay that guac is extra, a Taurus cringes. After all, this reliable, practical sign knows that you can save time and cash by just making copycat Chipotle guacamole yourself. Score. 

Gemini (May 21–June 20)

basil, vegetable, sauce, pasta, spaghetti
Mulin Xiong

Adaptable Gemini is fascinated by the world and curious by nature. They’re sure to love a new twist on an old favorite. Avocado pesto elevates a classic pasta sauce into something fresh and new. Good thing Gemini can keep up.

Cancer (June 21–July 22)

cake, pudding, mousse, milk, sweet, cream, chocolate
Danielle Cahoon

Sometimes Cancer is highly imaginative and tenacious, but they can also turn moody and emotional at times. Chocolate therapy is a good way to balance these competing sides. Avocado chocolate mousse is Cancer’s best friend. 

No matter your sign, there is a recipe just waiting for you to try it. Keep yours in mind before you go grocery shopping and you’ll never waste an avocado again. If you still can’t make up your mind, don’t worry, you can always freeze your avocado to eat later when you finally know what you want to do.