Spoon USC got the opportunity to interview Los Angeles Clippers' players, Boban Marjanovic and Tobias Harris, on their partnership with Subway's MyWay Rewards sweepstakes. To further their promotion of living a better-for-you lifestyle, Subway teamed up with Gatorade to give away prizes ranging from Subway gift cards and Gatorade gear to four epic grand prize trips to: the 2019 NBA All-Star weekend in Charlotte, NC, the 2019 Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA; the 2019 Daytona 500, in Daytona Beach, FL; and the 2019 NHL All-Star game in San Jose, CA. The sweepstakes lasts from October 15 through November 15. Your chances of winning increase with every rewards purchase, encouraging you to replace that fast food burger with a fresh sando made in front of you, they way you like it.  

The day after the Clippers' season opener, we chatted it up with Boban and Tobias about their favorite foods to fuel their game, their strides to live healthy lifestyles, and how their friendship came to be. For those who aren't familiar with the soon-to-be iconic duo 'Bobi and Tobi', you can check out their hilarious chemistry here.

How are you feeling about the season opener last night?

Boban: Energy, fully packed arena, wasn’t the ending we wanted but still a fun night. Fun season to be back.

Tobias: Great atmosphere, something to grow on, cool to see our fans that into it and bringing us that excitement.

Tell us about your partnership with Gatorade and partnering on the Golden Sweepstakes. 

B: Can’t wait to see the excitement in videos of people receiving the prizes. 

What's your go-to Subway order?

T: Veggie Delight, whole wheat bread—stay in my healthy zone.

B: Chicken Teriyaki. 

Favorite Gatorade flavor?

T: We don’t call it by flavor, we do it by color. Red.

B: Yellow. Basically I’ll just choose whatever he doesn’t. 

How have your eating habits been shaped by your respective upbringings in Serbia and Long Island?

T: I grew up eating fast food. Once I got to the league, I changed to a healthier lifestyle. I am actually 80% plant based now. Stinks for Bobi because he never wants to follow me to my healthy restaurants. Bobi just wants a steak. One time we went to a place with cauliflower steak.

B: You have to come to Serbia and try Serbian food.

T: I’ll try it. I’m coming to Serbia.

B: If I tried to explain Serbian food, we’d be here all day. But, basically we don’t use a lot of sauce. We use a lot of potatoes. We eat a ton of soup.

T: Anywhere we go this dude wants soup.

B: When I was a kid there was always soup. It’s part of every meal. It’s good for your health and it’s flavorful! 

Growing up, what were your favorite things to eat?

T: Chicken fingers and french fries.

B: Burgers and crepes.

T: Oh, I LOVEEEE pancakes. Love em. 

Do your eating habits change between on and off season?

B: Tobias yes, mine not.

T: Healthy, organic and clean. Off season, I have two weeks of splurging, eating whatever. Pancakes being my first splurge item. I’m not vegan or vegetarian, but I am plant based. If there’s salmon I want to eat, I will. 

What's your pregame fuel and post-game recovery?

B: Pasta, chicken or soup. After I’ll finish with something sweet, like jelly or Nutella on bread.

T: Pasta, brown rice, pesto. Maybe some soup. And then after the game, I’ll have a healthy protein shake. I also try to carb up after the game because you burn a lot of calories. 

Subway and Gatorade have paired to inspire a "better for you" lifestyle through appetizing foods, thirst quenching drinks, and more. So, what are commitments you've made for a "better for you" lifestyle?

T: For me, I’ve committed to get off of Instagram and apps and get more into reading books. Recently I’ve deleted it from my phone and tried to spend that time reading. If I do give in, I limit myself to 2 or 3 minutes maximum.

B: Basically I do everything like I did when I was a kid—just add my son to the equation. I’ve always been healthy

How did 'Bobi and Tobi' start?

B: Started from the bottom!

T: Started in Detroit when we were in the weight room lifting together. I was teaching him different dances and music. When I ride up to the game I listen to slow music, like Jorja Smith.

B: I listen to Top Hits, but also hardcore Serbian music. It helps me get in the zone because there’s so many bad words. I also listen to Nelly. 

Since y'all are besties, what is each other's favorite meal?

B: He like cauliflower steak.

T: Mine personally is gnocchi. Bobi likes soup. 

What's some advice you can give to college students

T: Get your sleep—that is important. Just like basketball, I try to get 8-10 hours every night. Nutrition is very important, making sure you’re putting the right foods in your body to fuel you. Enjoy the time—college is amazing. Once you leave you’ll wish you were back in college.

B: Treat people nice. Enjoy Life. 

Sydney Youmans

We're excited to see what these guys do this season and more episodes of Bobi and Tobi. Can't get enough Bobi and Tobi? Tune in every week through November 15 to Subway's Golden Ticket trivia on their Instagram lives to watch @boban and @tobiasharris test their sports trivia, and you can play along too!