As college students, all of us are either secretly or not-so-secretly caffeine addicts. Living in Los Angeles, most of us are also constantly on the search for unique Instagram-worthy content. Why not combine these two needs in your own coffee/aesthetic heaven. Here's my guide to discover your next favorite latte, along with envy-inducing visuals sure to spice up your Instagram feed. 

1. Carrara Cafe

This European-style cafe is located in Melrose, so you already know that it will make both your taste and artistic buds tingle. Carrara is probably best known for its custom foam designs. Ask for a photo of your favorite actor, a quote you love, or choose one of their signature designs such as the one seen below! In addition to the richly flavored coffee, this cafe also offers a variety of snacks. Here's a pro-tip: order the secret egg sandwich for a taste of heaven!

Pooja Goel

8251 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90046

2. Kindness & Mischief Coffee

This hidden gem is located just a few blocks down from USC on Figueroa. It serves the best chai latte you will EVER drink, and the staff is made up of some of the friendliest people in the city. Be sure to dine-in because their coffee mugs make the experience even more memorable. The cute messages will surely brighten your day, like the mug reads below, "I believe in kindness."

Pooja Goel

5537 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042

3. Alfred Coffee 

As another coffee shop located in Melrose, the plants surrounding the building draw you in immediately along with the welcoming neon signs and printed floors. If you live in Los Angeles, then you've heard the saying "But first, Coffee", and yes, it originated here. While all of the drinks are beyond satisfying, their iced latte tastes better than any other place you will ever go. Bonus: the small artistic details of the mugs are sure to land on your Instagram. 

Pooja Goel

8428 Melrose Pl, Los Angeles, CA 9006

4. Dinosaur Coffee

This cafe is almost too pretty to be a coffee shop. With wooden fixtures in every corner, it is fit to be in a museum. If that isn't enough, everyone who goes here comes back raving about its all-too-silky foam, which is something other coffee shops fail to get right. If you are hungry, try the freshly baked ginger scones; the perfect compliment to your coffee! 

Pooja Goel

4334 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90029

5. Rubies & Diamonds

Everyone needs to go here at least once in their lifetime just to try the sea salt caramel latte. Even those without a sweet tooth will be in pure bliss, as the flavor is just right for every person who tries it. This cafe is known for its unique flavors. Where else would you find a rose vanilla iced tea latte? The logo, which is found on all of their cups, makes for the perfect photo-op too!

Pooja Goel

6115 Sunset Blvd #150, Los Angeles, CA 90028