There truly is nothing better than a refreshing drink on a hot summer day, especially a drink filled with healthy ingredients and — my favorite — caffeine! Matcha, a drink made from ground rather than steeped green tea leaves, has lately become my favorite caffeine source, and iced matcha is particularly perfect for summer. You can buy matcha drinks at many coffee shops or make them at home, but I prefer to buy my matcha from Cha Cha Matcha, a shop that has mastered pink décor and delicious drinks at all of its locations in New York City and Los Angeles.

tea, matcha, soup, green tea, cream
Cayla Bamberger

Cha Cha Matcha

Cha Cha Matcha is famous for its highly Instagrammable drinks and matcha shops that grace both coasts of the United States. With cute cups and punny drink sleeves for each matcha, it's hard not to snap a photo of your drink! Each detail in the store is pretty and pink—whether it’s the pink soft serve machine, napkins with clever matcha puns or the neon signs. Cha Cha Matcha believes in creating drinks that are both photo-worthy and healthy. All of Cha Cha Matcha’s matcha powder is sourced from Uji, Japan, and is the highest grade of ceremonial matcha, making a visit to Cha Cha Matcha the perfect way to treat yo’ self.

The Matcha Colada

On Friday, July 5, Cha Cha Matcha launches its newest drink: the Matcha Colada! Made with Coco Lopez' cream of coconut, fresh pineapple, matcha and your choice of milk, this drink is topped with a cute umbrella and a literal cherry on top. This drink is a sweet yet healthy version of a piña colada, with the perfect amount of caffeine to power you through your summer day.

Why Matcha?

Matcha possesses a plethora of health benefits, but what I love most is how great I feel after drinking it. Drinking matcha doesn't hurt my stomach like drinking coffee does, and I feel a calm alertness after consuming matcha. This calm alertness is caused by the combination of caffeine and the amino acid L-theanine found in matcha. L-theanine reduces anxiety while improving both mood and focus, and caffeine boosts energy and metabolism. Matcha also contains antioxidants, fiber and vitamins, all of which promote better health and give me yet another reason to go grab Cha Cha Matcha’s new Matcha Colada!

Do It For the 'Gram

Each Cha Cha Matcha location is decked out in pink and green and full of Instagram-worthy photo spots. You can snap photos of your Matcha Colada in front of the neon pink “Matcha Gracias” sign in New York City or the rainbow neon “I Love You So Matcha” sign in Los Angeles. Bonus points if you snap photos of all the neon signs!

There are so many reasons to try the new Matcha Colada from Cha Cha Matcha: it’s healthy, Instagram-worthy and delicious. Enjoy a refreshing take on a classic drink as you toast to summer!