As a health conscious foodie who is always on the go, I do not like to settle when it comes to flavor or the quality of ingredients in my food. Last year, while perusing (more like stalking) my favorite healthy living Instagram accounts, I kept seeing one specific protein bar pop up on their feeds that I knew I had to get my hands on: RXBAR.

What are RXBARs? They are real, whole food protein bars with minimal ingredients. Every flavor is dairy-, gluten-, and soy-free, making it the perfect bar for those with many common food allergies and diet restrictions.

RXBAR prides itself on providing excellent taste, quality, and nutrition using only simple, whole food ingredients. The core ingredients include egg whites for protein, dates to bind, and nuts for texture. Every ingredient has a purpose. These bars truly are "No B.S.," as the wrapper touts. 

Now if you're hooked (or addicted, like me) you might be wondering which one of their 13 mouth-watering flavors you should try first. Don't sweat it. I've tried them all and ranked them below so you can start with the best. Or save the best for last.

13. Coffee Chocolate

Believe me, I need my morning coffee as much as the next person. And I am a die-hard chocolate gal. For some reason though, this flavor just doesn't do it for me. I feel the coffee is a bit overpowering. I definitely wouldn't go for this bar first.

12. Mixed Berry

Now I may be in the unpopular opinion here considering Mixed Berry is amongst the top most popular flavors that RXBAR sells. The combination of the cranberries, raspberries, and strawberries makes this bar too tart for my taste buds. I'll stick with the real fruits instead.

11. Apple Cinnamon 

This bar is packed with fall flavor. Any apple pie fanatics out there would fall head-over-heels for this one. The Apple Cinnamon RXBAR was definitely tasty, but not exciting enough to crack the top ten for me. I think I could get into these apple pie fries though.

10. Blueberry

While the tartness of the Mixed Berry turns me off, the tartness of the Blueberry RXBAR is on point. The blueberries are just enough to balance out the sweetness of the dates. The flavor is very reminiscent of a Blueberry Muffin Larabar. I would even go so far as to compare it to a real blueberry muffin. These ones with a streusel topping are a game-changer.

9. Mint Chocolate

Maybe this flavor ranks lower down for me because I was never a mint chocolate chip ice cream fan. Regardless though, the mint is refreshing and compliments the chocolate wonderfully. Who needs a stick of gum? Just chow down on this bar instead before your next date.

8. Coconut Chocolate

Coo-coo for coconuts? Then this is the flavor RXBAR you need in your life. The coconut and chocolate flavors are in perfect harmony. If the texture weren't so hard and chewy this bar would rank higher on my list. Regardless, I snag one of these off the shelf at Whole Foods every now and again. Mostly when I want to feel like I'm on a tropical island. 

7. Chocolate Chip

Growing up, Chips Ahoy! cookies were my ish. I even preferred them over Oreos. As I've matured (ha) my love for chocolate chip cookies has not waned, which is probably why this flavor appeals to me. This bar is simple and exactly what you would expect, but that's what I love about it. And you can always count on there being several chocolate chips in every bite. 

6. Maple Sea Salt

My sweet tooth sings whenever I bite into this bar. And the salt is a welcome addition to balance out that sugary sweetness. The Maple Sea Salt RXBAR reminds me of slow pancake breakfasts on Sunday mornings, and it is oh so comforting. It's great in the fall or really whenever if we're being honest. 

5. Pumpkin Spice

Yeah, yeah. Call me basic, but this flavor is seriously decadent. Both the pumpkin spice taste and the texture make me feel like I'm eating pumpkin pie. Try this one while you can. It's only available for a limited time during the fall months. Maybe even pair it with a classic Starbucks PSL.

4. Gingerbread

It's never too early to get in the Christmas spirit. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The Gingerbread RXBAR has a spicy essence that makes me feel jolly (too much?) and comforted. I love a good gingerbread cookie, and this bar can satisfy that craving instantly. This flavor is also limited edition, so obviously I already ordered it in bulk.

3. Chocolate Sea Salt

From salted chocolate chip cookies to salted caramel chocolate truffles, the chocolate and sea salt combination can do no wrong. And this bar is no exception. You get a rich, chocolate flavor from the dark chocolate chips and cocoa. Then the sea salt balances out the sweetness beautifully. I can confidently say this could replace a chocolate bar for me.

2. Peanut Butter Chocolate

This iconic duo may be Reese's claim to fame, but RXBAR has perfected it. The peanut butter to chocolate ratio couldn't be more spot-on. Not to mention the bar tastes like a rich dessert without being overwhelming and heavy. Do not walk, run to your local grocery store and buy this one.

1. Peanut Butter

Can you guess what my favorite food is? The Peanut Butter RXBAR claims the #1 spot for me. This bar is rich, decadent, and sticks to the roof of your mouth in the best way (as peanut butter should). It tastes exactly like peanut butter cookie dough straight from the mixing bowl. I wish I were kidding when I say I eat at least four of these babies a week. 

While some flavors are better than others (in my expert opinion), I definitely wouldn't pass up any RXBAR if handed to me. From the whole food ingredients to the nutrition content to the dessert-like taste, RXBARs truly are the powerhouse of protein bars.