I have never been a huge fan of breakfast and have always heavily relied on breakfast bars to hold me over until lunch. But, if you're like me, you go through a constant rotation of breakfast bars, always getting tired of brands and ending up with a box full of different bars, none of which you seem to want. I've tried Clif Bars, Larabars, Special K Bars and more, never to be satisfied. Recently, while walking through the aisles of Target, I came across RX Bars. Having seen them on Insta (they seemed really trendy!) and having heard loads of praises about them, I decided to buy a box of chocolate sea salt bars. 

Gabrielle Pludo

First things first, these are some of the tastiest breakfast bars I have ever tried. The chocolate sea salt bar tastes like a candy bar so I always feel like I'm eating dessert instead of breakfast (which I love!). They have a chewy consistency which makes sure I don't eat them too quickly too. RX Bars are also packed with 12 grams of protein and only have 210 calories per serving to make sure that you are starting your day off right. No more bars fully of empty calories that leave you hungry after a matter of minutes. 

What are RX bars?

The bars are all made up of the same ingredients (except the peanut butter one): 3 egg whites, 6 almonds, 4 cashews, and 2 dates as well as natural flavors and spices to distinguish each bar. The bars are gluten-, dairy-, and soy-free, making it the perfect bar for almost anyone on any diet. You can even still enjoy these bars on very restrictive diets, like Whole30 or Paleo. All of the ingredients are recognizable so you really do know what you are eating. No more attempting to decipher what "calcium carbonate" or "glycosides" are since all the sugar is all-natural and comes right from the dates. 

Soon after my original purchase, I finished the bars and immediately sought out new flavors. One of my favorites other than chocolate sea salt is the pumpkin spice flavor. It actually tastes like you are drinking a Starbucks latte as you eat it. Other flavors include blueberry, coffee chocolate, mint chocolate, maple sea salt, mango pineapple, and peanut butter. While the bars can get pricey ($8.99 for a pack of 4) if you buy them in bulk on Amazon you can get more bang for your buck (and save yourself trips to and from the supermarket). If you're on a super tight budget, there are even ways to make your own bars.

These bars are a great way to get in a quick healthy meal-on-the-go and are perfect for anyone who hates breakfast but needs something to sustain them until lunch. There is no way that I would get through my morning without eating something, but I never can stomach anything but an RX bar. They are tasty, easy to eat, and come in many different flavors that are sure to satisfy anyone!