I love going out to eat and trying new places but hate getting ready. That's why I was psyched when Uber Eats rolled around. It's allowed me to not leave my house, but has also put a huge dent in my wallet. Even though I might not have the money, I still find myself craving my favorite dishes from my favorite local restaurants. Here's a list of restaurant copycat recipes you can make at home without having to spend lots of money.

1. Fried Rice 

onion, risotto, chicken, pork, pepper, fried rice, meat, vegetable, rice
Yi Xie

Chinese food is a staple takeout food in my house. Fried rice is probably one of the easiest and cheapest things you can make on a budget, especially with this recipe. All you need is rice, your favorite veggies, eggs, and soy sauce. Now you can make your favorite Chinese restaurant staple at home without paying for delivery. 

2. Lo-Mein

pasta, spaghetti, sauce
Haya Qureini

Don't you hate it when the takeout takes longer than 20 minutes? Well, now you don't have to wait that extra 10 minutes and can make your own homemade lo-mein instead. 

3. Chipotle Burrito Bowl

chicken, quinoa, salad, avocado
Katherine Baker

I'm sure we can all agree we hate waiting in line at Chipotle. It can either go by super quick or you're stuck standing there for 15 minutes. Never wait in line again and make your own chipotle bowl in your dorm room. Plus, you don't have to worry about paying extra for guac. 

4. Chipotle Guacamole

condiment, herb, guacamole, vegetable
Lily Lou

I don't mind paying the extra $2.79 for guac, but let's be real. That extra $3 can really add up.  As amazing as it is, you can make the exact recipe at home for less.

5. Pizza

pizza, cheese, dough, sauce, mozzarella, meat, crust, tomato, pepperoni
Amy Yi

Pizza is one of my all-time favorite meals. Thin crust, thick crust, round, square, I like it all. Pizza is the ultimate late night drunk food, but ordering it every weekend probably isn't doing your bank account any good.

Save money by making your own homemade pizza, and adding whatever toppings you choose—for free. Plus you can freeze them and save them for the next time you get the urge to go out. 

6. Cheesy Bread 

pastry, cheese, meat, bread, vegetable
Megan Yee

I know we've all ordered Domino's Cheesy Bread at 2 am, and if you haven't, you're only lying to yourself. When I'm drunk, I don't want to wait 30+ minutes for delivery, let alone spend money in the first place. Make life easier and bake some cheesy bread of your own. Plus you don't have to worry about paying extra for dipping sauce!

7. Panera's French Onion Soup 

french onion soup, soup, onion, bread
Kennedy Choi

I love Panera. It gives you a great bang for your buck, but eating it every day might not be such a good idea. If you're feeling up to a challenge, try making your own French Onion soup. It might be some work, but it will pay off in the end.

8. Chicken Tenders

hash, herb, bread
Angela Pizzimenti

Whenever you order chicken fingers and fries, they always come soggy. Your chicken is probably too cold and you end up having to heat it up in the microwave anyway. Avoid the hassle and extra dollars by putting your own spin on chicken tenders and baking them. 

9. Chicken Teriyaki

broccoli, vegetable, meat, sauce, beef, chicken, teriyaki, pork, rice
Helena Lin

Chicken teriyaki can be an expensive item on your takeout list. This chicken teriyaki is super easy to make and will make you feel like you just ordered from your go-to Chinese spot! 

10. Olive Garden Breadsticks

cereal, pastry, breadstick, dough, flour, wheat, bread
Katherine Baker

Although I've personally never been to Olive Garden, I know people rave about their bottomless breadsticks. Skip going to the restaurant and make these copycat breadsticks at home instead. You can eat as many as you want and not be judged in the comfort of your own home.

11. Sushi Donuts

rice, vegetable, sushi, salmon, seafood, fish
Leah Valenti

I'm sure everyone has seen the latest trend of the famous sushi donut. But, unless you live near a major city, you probably won't be getting to these donuts any time soon. Make these sushi donuts for your friends, or keep them to yourself! You'll be the trendiest around. 

If you're a broke college student like the majority of us, try making one of these restaurant copycat recipes. It will save you money and you'll learn how to be a better cook along the way.