As we've heard time and time again, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Seriously, though, it is. However, breakfast is often the meal most people skip. We've all had our "but I didn't have time" or "I just wanted to sleep longer" moments. However, breakfast fuels your body for the day ahead. That's why I'm sharing 11 healthy breakfast meal prep recipes so there's never an excuse to skip breakfast.

1. 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes

banana, chocolate, strawberry
Olivia Salzman

Who doesn't love banana pancakes for breakfast? With only three ingredients, these pancakes are the perfect healthy meal prep breakfast to indulge in. 

#SpoonTip: Add toppings like fruit or Greek yogurt to spice up your pancakes.

2. Breakfast Egg Muffins

Running late to school or work? Grab these egg muffins for an on-the-go protein-packed breakfast that's guaranteed to fuel the start of your day.

3. Pre-made Smoothies

salad
Rachel Eng

Smoothies are a perfect option for healthy breakfast meal prep. Get creative and make tons of smoothie combos with different types of fruits and greens. To meal prep your smoothies, put all of your ingredients in a plastic bag and pop it in the freezer overnight. In the morning, all you have to do is blend it up. It's seriously that simple.

4. Cereal Breakfast Bars

candy, cookie, rice, chocolate, sweet, cereal
Caroline Ingalls

Cereal and breakfast bars are two breakfast favorites. Why not combine them with these cereal breakfast bars? Grab your favorite cereal and make a batch of delicious bars to have on hand. 

5. Quinoa Breakfast Cups

beef, sausage
Raigon Wilson

Quinoa breakfast cups are a great meal prep for a healthy breakfast. With the healthy fats, proteins, and fiber, these quinoa cups make for a fast and filling healthy breakfast.

6. Chia Pudding

rice, milk, sweet, cereal
Heather Feibleman

Chia seeds are nutrient-dense, providing your body with fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein—perfect for breakfast. Chia seed pudding is one of the easiest breakfasts to meal prep and will most definitely fill you up until lunch. Customize your chia pudding with whatever fruits and sweeteners you desire.

7. Overnight Oats

pie, cream, pastry, candy, cake, sweet, chocolate
Emily Head

When you don't have time to make a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, overnight oats are a great option that'll have you out the door fast and feeling energized. The varieties of overnight oat recipes are endless, and all satisfy our breakfast sweet tooth.

8. Blueberry Muffins

raisin muffin, candy, goody, muffin, pastry, cookie, cake, sweet, chocolate
Angela Kerndl

Muffins are a perfect make-ahead breakfast option that taste so good you'll feel like you're having dessert. These blueberry muffins are a perfect healthy meal prep breakfast recipe that are unbelievably easy to make.

9. Yogurt & Granola Parfaits

milk, sweet, blueberry, berry
Olivia Salzman

Sometimes the classics make for the best breakfasts. Yogurt and granola parfaits are super simple to meal prep and refreshing and filling to eat. Use whatever yogurt, fruit, and granola you want and there you go.

10. Breakfast Burritos

salsa, sauce, corn, cheese, tomato, chili
Kelly Redfield

If you're craving a savory breakfast, breakfast burritos are the way to go. For an easy meal prep, make a couple of burritos at a time and put them in the freezer. These protein-packed and flavorful burritos make for the complete hearty breakfast. 

11. Breakfast Cookies

chocolate, sweet
Photo by Austin Lai

Cookies for breakfast? I'm in. Grab a couple of breakfast cookies and you're ready to start the day on a sweet note.

Although our lives can get hectic, it's so important to feed your body with the nutrients it needs. That's why meal prepping makes taking care of your body while maintaining a fast-paced life so simple. Once you try out these easy and healthy meal prep breakfast recipes, you'll never skip breakfast again.