I recently stumbled upon the trend of making pancakes with just a banana and an egg. While this simple banana pancake is super easy, it isn't as much like a traditional pancake as I wanted. I added a packet of instant oatmeal to the egg and banana mixture, and I seriously surprised myself and my roommates with how satisfyingly pancake-y the end product was. Here is my super simple, single bowl, absolutely no measuring necessary recipe for flourless banana pancakes. 

3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes

• 1 banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1 packet instant oatmeal
banana
Erin Honigman

Fully combine banana, egg, and oats in one bowl.

dairy product, bread, egg
    Erin Honigman

Lightly coat a pan or panini press with coconut oil or butter over medium heat. Use a spoon to scoop the batter onto your cooking surface. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side (time may vary).

sweet, chicken, meat
    Erin Honigman

Once golden brown and crisp on both sides, place the pancakes on a paper towel to absorb any remaining oil or butter and let cool.

bread, cookie, pancake, cake, pastry, sweet
    Erin Honigman

Add your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!

cake, oatmeal, sweet
    Erin Honigman

If you live in the dorms and don't have access to a stove, put the batter in a mug and microwave in 30 second intervals until the batter is cooked through.

These flourless banana pancakes will keep you full until lunch and can also be a great snack throughout the day. I like to make half the batch before a workout to fuel up with a healthy treat and make the second half afterwards to recharge. 

I love to add chia seeds and/or a spoonful of peanut butter to my batter before I cook the pancakes. The best part is, this recipe allows you to tailor your pancakes however you like.