Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but sometimes there are those days your bed is calling you. My solution? Overnight oats. Designed to make the night before and customizable for every preference, overnight oats are the perfect breakfast for those "I need to sleep in" mornings.

Granted, getting out of bed is super difficult, but with these recipes, you will have something delicious to look forward to. Follow these overnight oats recipes to make your dreary morning a bit better.

1. Morning Date Oats

• Prep Time:1 min

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk or any milk choice
  • honey
  • 4 dried dates
  • 1/2 banana
  • Pinch crushed pecans
banana, sweet, milk
Jamie Rhee

In a small bowl, mix the oatmeal, milk, and honey, and store in the fridge overnight.

Jamie Rhee

Remove from the refrigerator the next morning, and top with dried dates, banana slices, and a pinch of crushed pecans!

sweet, banana, vegetable
    Jamie Rhee

2. Apple Slice Oats

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk or milk your choice
  • 1/3 cup Greek yogurt for thickness
  • 1 apple
  • Almond butter
  • Honey
vegetable, meat, cheese
Jamie Rhee

In a small bowl, mix the oats, milk, yogurt, and half of the apple, diced into cubes (the yogurt is used to control the thickness of your oatmeal), and store in the refrigerator.

Remove from the fridge the next morning, and top with the remaining 1/2 apple, 2 big spoonfuls of almond butter, a drizzle of honey, and enjoy.

3. Sweet Potato Oats

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 sweet potato
  • Pecans
  • Honey
Jamie Rhee

In a pot, steam the sweet potato for about 7 minutes.

tea, beer, coffee
    Jamie Rhee

When cooled down, peel the skin and mash the sweet potato in a small bowl with a fork.

Jamie Rhee

In a separate small bowl, mix the oats, milk, and sweet potato, and place in the refrigerator.

rice
    Jamie Rhee

Remove from the fridge the next morning, and top with pecans and honey according to your preferences!

4. Peachy Oats

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 spoonful Greek yogurt
  • Nut butter optional
  • 1 peach
  • Coconut chips
  • Almonds
apple, sweet
Jamie Rhee

In a small bowl, mix the oats, milk, Greek yogurt, and the optional nut butter.

Jamie Rhee

Store in the refrigerator and remove the next morning. Top with diced peach, coconut chips, and almonds. Enjoy!

apple, sweet, crepe
    Jamie Rhee