This six-ingredient breakfast egg muffin recipe only takes about 10 minutes to whip up, almost as much time as one snooze button allows. Your morning couldn’t get any easier when it comes to a hot dish unless you threw it in the microwave.

These breakfast egg muffins are best heated up in the microwave for 10-20 seconds or in the toaster oven for a minute or two. They are easy and compact for an on-the-go breakfast. Make sure to carry them on a napkin or in a container, because they can get a little messy.

Many people like to keep it plain and simple during the morning rush. The amount of ingredients used can change the time it takes to come out of the oven. This can be a very low-calorie breakfast if you stick to the basic ingredients, but sometimes you want to spice it up. Get creative with it and add some fun flavorful additions. With plainer ingredients, you can also pair it with a healthy side like avocados (my personal favorite).

Happy experimenting! 

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Muffins

• 2 cups spinach
  • 2 cups egg whites
  • 2 cups bacon
  • 2 cups cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
spinach, cheese, bacon
Annalee Flaherty

Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.

Line the bottom of each muffin with spinach, then add cheese on top of the spinach.

Layer bacon bits on top of the cheese, then pour egg whites to the top of each tin.

Sprinkle on salt and pepper for extra flavor. Bake at 350˚F for 15-20 minutes

Let cool, serve and enjoy!

#SpoonTip: Add other ingredients to complement the recipe. Avocado is a must.