The new year of 2018 might be a time for people to kick-start their diets or discover a new workout regimen. However, for Vermont's biggest ice cream producer, the new year meant only one thing: new flavors.

Just when I thought it was impossible for Ben and Jerry's to think of another creative flavor, they've done it again. Ben and Jerry's has created 8 new products, including new flavors, new pint slices, and new dairy free pints. 

The New Flavors 

The new pint flavors all have a new addition: truffles. The flavors do not disappoint the expectations of Ben and Jerry's to come up with creative names. The first flavor is Chillin' the Roast Truffles, which is coffee ice cream with chocolate cookie-covered coffee truffles and a luscious fudge swirl. The company has experimented with this flavor combination before with Coffee, Coffee, Buzz Buzz Buzz.

The next flavor, Chocolate Shake It Truffles, is chocolate malt milkshake ice cream with chocolate cookie-covered fudge truffles with marshmallow swirls. Who would have ever thought ice cream would be milkshake flavored? After all, a milkshake is simply ice cream blended with milk. While it may seem odd, this is my personal favorite.

Just when you thought Ben and Jerry's ice cream could not get richer, the final new flavor release is Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles. Its base is a caramel cheesecake ice cream, with graham cracker-covered cheesecake truffles with chocolate swirls mixed in. 

The New Pint Slices

For these new pint slices, Ben and Jerry's took some of their arguably best flavors and turned them into slices. Now, you can not only binge eat a pint of ice cream, but a pint of ice cream dipped in chocolate.

The first flavor is one of Ben and Jerry's classic flavors, Cherry Garcia. Named after Jerry Garcia, the flavor is cherry ice cream with cherries and fudge chunks.

The next flavor, also named after a celebrity, is the Tonight Dough named for the hilarious Jimmy Fallon and his Tonight Show. The flavor is caramel and chocolate ice cream loaded with chocolate cookie swirls, chocolate chip cookie dough, and peanut butter cookie dough.

The final flavor is Coffee, Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz, and though the flavor is kind of self-explanatory, it is coffee ice cream with espresso bean fudge—cramming for finals has just gotten a lot more delicious. 

The New Dairy-Free Flavors 

The first non-dairy flavor is Cinnamon Buns: cinnamon ice cream with cinnamon bun dough and a cinnamon streusel swirl. It is a yummy dairy-free alternative to the already existing Cinnamon Bun Ben and Jerry's flavor. The cinnamon bun dough pieces throughout the base offer a nice, yet unexpected bite.

The second new dairy-free flavor is Peanut Butter Half Baked—it is chocolate and peanut butter ice cream with fudge brownies and peanut butter cookie dough. It is an adaptation of their classic flavor half baked, which has chocolate and vanilla ice cream with cookie dough and fudge brownies. These new flavors are a great addition to the dairy-free collection of flavors that Ben and Jerry's already has come out with, including Cherry Garcia, Chunky Monkey, and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. 

These new additions to Ben and Jerry's are helping 2018 start off pretty sweet. As for now, they have not hinted at any more releases throughout the year, but you never know what they may have in store for you next. Let's hope these will not be the last ice cream additions of this year.