With fall right around the corner, it's time to switch out your summer wardrobe and revel in the joys of fall sweater weather. Along with cooler weather comes the warmth of aromas and flavors arising from the kitchen. I am beginning to smell the hint of cinnamon and pumpkins in the breeze to accompany the faint sounds of leaves rustling in the distance. Spoon University is all about good eats and has a plethora of wondrous fall recipes to kick-start your autumn. 

1. Glazed Pumpkin Donuts

chocolate, sweet, cake, pastry, cinnamon
Andrea Kang

I promise that this list of fall recipes isn't a list of all things pumpkin, but I had to start off with the most popular fall flavor. While many may not know, pumpkin is actually a squash that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes. But a fan-favorite transformation of this versatile vegetable would definitely be in a donut shape, coated with excessive amounts of sugar. 

2. Chocolate Apple Pops

chocolate, candy, cake, sweet, goody, sprinkles, cake pop
Tara Stacy

Step aside cake pops, apple pops are here to save the day. These joys on a stick are a hybrid between a cake pop and a candy apple. As an added bonus, they are much less messy than making and eating candy apples, and healthier than traditional cake pops. 

3. Acorn Squash Salad 

salad, vegetable, lettuce, cheese, beet salad, seafood, pepper, meat
Ellen Gibbs

Tired of a normal boring salad? Want to impress your family, S.O., or just yourself? Acorn squash salad is where it's at. The squash is baked in a drizzle of maple syrup and topped with crunchy almonds, cherries and goat cheese. Salad never tasted better. 

4. Sticky Toffee Pudding

chocolate, cake, sweet, bread
Bianca Hsieh

Though this British pudding probably wasn't the first dessert that came to mind when thinking of autumn, it just might be your new favorite. While you enjoy the warm toffee flavor bite after bite, you can channel your inner Kate Middleton

5. Apple Butter

jam, bacon
Hailey Nelson

Apple butter is the Fall substitute for jelly. PB&J just became PB&AB. Okay, so it's not quite as catchy, but they taste just as good. If you get a little too excited picking apples like I do and end up with 20 pounds of apples, this is a great way to enjoy the fruits of your labor and minimize waste.

6. Maple Thyme Sweet Potatoes

sweet, salmon, sweet potato, pepper
Ellen Gibbs

Add these savory sweet potatoes to the Thanksgiving menu and they will be the talk of the feast. While your grandma may be initially disappointed in your modern rendition of sweet potato casserole, after taking one bite of this delicious side, she will surely be converted to a maple thyme sweet potato lover. 

7. Maple Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll

sweet, cream, pastry, cake, milk, bread, flour, candy
Jocelyn Liu

A swirly twirly autumn cake is not your ordinary dessert. It's like a rolled-up pumpkin pie with a swirl of whipped cream in the middle.  

8. Butternut Squash Bowls

vegetable, meat, squash, pepper, sweet
Grace Becker

Embrace the crops of autumn by enjoying a healthy squash bowl. With the addition of quinoa and kale, these bowls contain amazing nutrients and vitamins including fiber, vitamins A and C, magnesium, and iron. This hearty dish is perfect for a filling lunch or dinner on a brisk fall day.

9. Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Cookies

cookie, chocolate, sweet, pastry, candy, cake
Katie Lee

Loaded with sweet potato, maple syrup, and cinnamon, these cookies are stocked with warming flavors. After cooking these cookies in your oven, your kitchen will be a place to be desired. 

10. Pumpkin Pancakes

french toast, cinnamon, apple, chocolate, toast
Hailey Ennis

Start your morning off right with a tall stack of paleo pumpkin pancakes. A great way to incorporate pumpkin into your diet without the added sugars and fats that creep into our holiday favorites. I'm looking at you, PSL

11. Apple Spice Granola

pumpkin
Kate Donald

This homemade crunchy granola is like eating apple cider. Keep it on hand as you run between classes or sprinkle it over your morning yogurt. No matter how you choose to utilize this granola, it is bound to spice up your day.

As the leaves begin to change and cardigans become wardrobe staples, these tasty treats will bring the lovely flavors of the season to your kitchen. With the addition of these fall recipes to your repertoire, fall can officially begin!