If you have ever wondered how cinnamon-sugar coated perfection tastes, look no further than these fried brioche peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The outer layer gets just the right amount of crisp, while the inside stays warm and gooey. The key to success in this recipe is to mimic the fluffiness of a donut by using brioche. This bread is sweet, light, and eggy. You are most likely to find it at bakeries and specialty food stores (call in advance to be sure they have it). The time spent finding it is well worth the effort!

The key to success in this recipe is to mimic the fluffiness of a donut by using brioche. This bread is sweet, light, and eggy. You are most likely to find it at bakeries and specialty food stores (call in advance to be sure they have it)—but the time spent finding it is well worth the effort.

If you liked this recipe and are looking for more cinnamon-sugar goodness, try these Cinnamon Roll Donut Fries.  Pair them with a cold glass of milk and discover your new guilty pleasure   

Fried Brioche Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

• Cook Time:1 min

• 2 slices brioche 3/4-inch thick
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons jelly
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/6 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/6 cup milk
  • 3/8 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
cake, chocolate, toast, french toast
Natalie Beia

Slice brioche loaf into thick slices, about 3/4 inches.

gif
    Natalie Beia

Dollop 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of jelly in the center of the bread. Put the slices together and press around the edges to seal the bread. Set aside.

gif

For the batter: Add 2 eggs, 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup of milk, and 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk until the lumps disappear.

gif

Dip each side of the sandwich in the batter.

gif

Cook at medium heat

#SpoonTip: In order to see if your oil is ready, dip the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick in. If the oil bubbles steadily, it's ready. If it bubbles rapidly, turn the heat down and wait a couple minutes.

gif
    Natalie Beia

Use tongs and place the sandwich in the oil. Fry for 30 seconds on each side.

gif
    Natalie Beia

Dab off the extra oil. Place the sandwich in a mixture of 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Eat up!

gif
    Natalie Beia