The end of February is fast approaching so it's time to savor up the last few days of national snack month. These snacks are perfect for any occasion during your four years in college. Here's a list of the top ten snacks to keep in your dorm room

1. Granola Bars

Bars are the perfect snack for on the go. If you're running late for class and don't have time for breakfast throw a bar in your bag to have during your first class. A plus is that there are so many different kinds that you can change things up every day.

beer
Emily Waples

2. Rice Cakes

These can be a quick and easy healthy snack. There are tons of varieties that can be made to this snack whether you add your favorite peanut butter with some sliced bananas or slices of turkey with honey mustard. It can be the perfect breakfast or after class snack.

sweet, cake, cream, pastry, pudding, pie, chocolate, dairy product, bread, custard
Ashley Blume

3. Ice cream

Having a pint of ice cream in your freezer can be a blessing and a curse. However, it's perfect for that late night sweet tooth when you're craving some Ben and Jerry's Phish Food ice cream. No one can turn down scoops of ice cream after a night's worth of homework.

cream, ice, milk, dairy product, chocolate, ice cream, sweet, coffee
Torey Walsh

4. Hot chocolate

This may not be food but it's a perfect treat for those cold afternoons after classes. A cup of hot cocoa is a perfect way to deal with the cold during Syracuse's endless winters. If you're feeling crazy adding marshmallows makes this treat even better!

hot chocolate, Reading, cozy, blanket, Winter
Emma Salters

5. Popcorn

Having popcorn in your dorm is essential for those spontaneous movie nights with your friends. To add some extra sweetness to this snack try adding M&Ms for more flavor! This is the perfect treat for those nights you and your roomie decide to stay in!

popcorn, corn, cereal, salt, kettle corn, caramel, butter, sweet
Kirby Barth

6. Microwavable Dinner

Microwavable meals can be important for when you don't have time to make the gruelling trek to the dining hall. Or if you're too lazy to leave your room. Popping some pizza bagels into the microwave will be the quickest and yummiest part of your night.

pat\sta, Microwave, Easy
Tess Citron

7. Condiments... Ketchup, Hot Sauce, Honey Mustard!

This is also not a food, but it's very handy for when you order in food and want to add flavor to any kind of food. It's not fun to find out that after waiting 30 minutes for your food to arrive, the chicken is dry. Hot sauce is my personal favorite to add more flavor and a spicy kick to my favorite foods. 

8. Almonds

Not specifically almonds, but any type of nut is the perfect snack to munch on to hold you over until your next meal. They are light, healthy and even addicting!  You can even try making your own trail mix with a variety of your favorite nuts and adding some dark chocolate for some sweetness!

nut, almond, meat, walnut
Torey Walsh

9. Fruit

Keeping a few apples or bananas in your dorm can be nice when you're craving something healthy. Staying on a balanced diet in college can be hard, but each little thing counts when snacking. So, snacking smart is one of the best things to do.

apple, juice, sweet, pasture
Santina Renzi

10. Cereal

Keeping a box of cereal can be important to leave in your room for many reasons. It can be a perfect breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a snack. Cereal can be eaten at any time of day which makes it the perfect snack to keep in your dorm.

Breakfast, cereal, wheat, milk, Cheerios, Bowl, Gluten Free
Caroline Ingalls