It's undeniable that popcorn is the best snack out there. It's delicious, cheap, and low in calories, yet it still gives you the satisfying crunchiness of a dorito chip. And let's not forget: it's easy to make and even easier to stuff lots of pieces into your mouth at a time.

January 19th, National Popcorn Day, commemorates the creation of the beautiful snack. The right way to celebrate is to ditch the boring, movie theatre buttered popcorn and make popcorn recipes you didn't even know existed. Here are nine sweet, savory, and salty ways to spice up your dull smartfood. 

1. Sriracha Lime Popcorn

butter, sweet, salt, kettle corn, corn, popcorn
Alina Polishuk

Because how could everyone's favorite hot sauce taste bad on anything, especially popcorn?

2. Peppermint Bark Popcorn

cake, popcorn, goody, candy, sweet, cream, chocolate
Hannah Skiest

Forgot to make peppermint bark around Christmas time? Well, now is your chance to make up for the loss — by combining it with popcorn. 

3. Garlic Parmesan Rosemary Popcorn

milk, caramel, salt, sweet, kettle corn, cereal, corn, popcorn
Alina Polishuk

This recipe is slightly traditional in that it's not unheard of, but it still remains edgy. Not to mention, it's undeniably easy and will take less than 10 minutes of your time. 

4. Cookies and Cream Popcorn

cereal, popcorn, blue cheese, cheese
AmiLin McClure

A successful mashup of two amazing foods adding a crunchy sweetness to your popcorn. 

5. Tabasco Honey Butter Popcorn

salt, kettle corn, butter, sweet, cereal, corn, popcorn
Renee Chiu

Spicy, sweet, gone. 

6. Bourbon Caramel Popcorn

salt, sweet, cereal, kettle corn, caramel, corn, popcorn
Megan McMahon

The not-too-sweet version of caramel popcorn. 

7. Cheddar-Dusted Popcorn

Rachel Livengood

This cheddar-dusted popcorn is the better, cheaper version of your favorite vending machine snack. 

8. Everything Bagel Popcorn 

oatmeal, muesli, rice, wheat, porridge, sweet, milk, corn, cereal
Alexis Cobb

Nothing is better than having the taste of an everything bagel after 11 am.

9. Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn

corn, sweet, coffee, cereal
Anna Brennan

Definitely not the most typical flavor mix, but I can guarantee it's one you won't want to miss.