It’s the most wonderful time of the year: peppermint season. Peppermint Bark is by far one of the most popular treats during the holidays and people seem to be putting it on just about every dessert around this time of year. Why not add it to popcorn while you’re binge watching christmas movies and recovering from finals? Well, that’s exactly what I did here and let me tell you, I’ll never eat plain popcorn again.
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 bag of microwavable Popcorn
5 Hershey’s kisses
1 small scoop of Butter (optional)
1. Pop the popcorn.
2. Chop the chocolate into ¼ inch pieces and put it into a bowl.
3. Microwave the chocolate for 15 seconds at a time, making sure to mix it each time you take it out of the microwave (this step is important).
4. If the chocolate does not melt smoothly enough, add a small spoonful of butter.
5. Drizzle the chocolatey deliciousness all over your popcorn.
5. Unwrap five peppermints and put them into a plastic bag.
6. Crush the peppermints by smacking the bag against the table until the mints are broken up (or however you may choose).
7 . Sprinkle the crushed peppermints over your popcorn and voila. You have peppermint bark popcorn.
Craving more peppermint? Check out these articles: