Halloween season is coming to a close. BUMMER! After you pass out candy tonight or reach into the bowl of your personal stash, you might be wondering what to do with your chocolate bounty. While I love Reese’s Cups, Kit Kats, and M&M's as much as the next person, I often find myself wanting to get rid of my leftover Halloween candy soon after the holiday—or at least wanting to get a little more creative with how I eat it. After all, Christmas candy and cookies are already lining the store shelves and I need to get my hands on some Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares. Luckily, there are endless ways that candy can be repurposed and made into grander desserts. Better yet, all of these examples are great for sharing!

#SpoonTip: You can even make some of these desserts for an upcoming Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving party. 

1. Halloween Trailmix 

Got any nuts, popcorn, pretzels, or dried fruit laying around? Combine it with leftover Halloween candy for a creative trail mix! M&M’s are a delicious classic option. Other unique ideas for add-ins include Whoppers, gummy bears, Reese’s Pieces, chopped Hershey’s Minis, and candy corn. 

2. Homemade Blizzard 

Why drive to Dairy Queen when you can add your favorite candy to a blender and make your own delicious Blizzard? Choose your favorite ice cream flavor, add some milk, and blend it with your favorite candy! If you don’t have a blender, you can simply top your ice cream with chopped candy for an ice cream sundae. Combo ideas include chocolate ice cream with Reese’s Cups or Snickers, caramel ice cream with Twix Bars, vanilla ice cream with Heath Bars, coconut ice cream with Almond Joys, and mint chip ice cream with Junior Mints.

3. Sugar-Rush Brownies

Similar to Slutty Brownies, this recipe variation uses your favorite boxed brownie mix and any candy you love. Prepare the brownies according to the box instructions, but after adding half of the batter to your pan, add a layer of candy before topping it with the remaining batter and baking. You can also top the brownies with more candy! Favorite add-ins include Reese’s Cups, Kit Kats, caramel candies, and any type of M&M. 

4. Muddy Buddies

Rice Chex, chocolate, and powdered sugar? Does it get any better? With leftover Halloween candy, it can! Upgrade the classic snack/dessert from the basic recipe here. Hard candies will work best for the texture, so try heath bars, KitKats, or M&M’s to make a perfect shareable snack!

5. Spooky Rice Krispie Treats

An oldie but a goodie, try adding candy to classic Rice Krispie Treats! Melt a package of marshmallows over a burner, and then add a few tablespoons of butter and up to 4 cups of cereal. Then gently stir in your candy, being careful not to let it get too melted. Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish and let it set!

6. Candy-Covered Fruit

Need a healthy-ish break from so much added sugar? If you have apples or strawberries in the refrigerator, this is a delicious and easy way to turn them into a lighter dessert. Take a plain chocolate bar like Hershey’s or some caramel candies and melt them in the microwave. Then dip apple slices or strawberries into the mix. If you want to get really fancy, you can top the fruit with more chopped candy.

7. Halloween Hot Chocolate

Warm yourself up with a cup of candy-flavored hot chocolate! Simply make your favorite hot chocolate and add chopped candies on top! M&M's, Reese's Cups, and caramels pair amazingly with hot chocolate for a fun cold-weather treat.

8. Upgraded S'mores

Another fall favorite, s'mores are delicious on their own. But substituting the classic plain chocolate for your favorite leftover Halloween candy will add flavor and texture that will keep you making more! Next time you have a bonfire or even just make them in your microwave, try adding Reese's Cups, Kit Kats, or Snickers alongside the marshmallows.

9. Trash Cookies

Try replacing chocolate chips with your favorite candy next time you make a batch of cookies!  Better yet, go the no-fuss route and top pre-made dough with more candy. The flavor combos are literally endless, so feel free to get as creative as you want.

10. Candy Bark

If you really want to use up your candy and don't want a difficult recipe, simply melt your chocolate bars in the microwave and then spread the mixture on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Top it with any other candy you have, and allow it to set in the fridge. Then break it into smaller pieces and enjoy!

Just because Halloween is over doesn't mean you can't continue enjoying your candy--plus all of these ideas are perfect shareable party snacks. Get creative and enjoy it!