Like many of you, I adore Netflix. Who doesn't love a hearty day of binge-watching? It's all fun and games until you suddenly realize you're behind in school and need to cram for your midterm. We've all faced those frantic nights, and we've all needed healthy snacks to fuel us. You're in luck: UrthBox has you covered.

If you find yourself in a rut when it comes to finding healthy snacks (like the majority of college students), UrthBox is about to become your new best friend. 

What's UrthBox?

Keeping up with healthy habits is difficult, and finding the right snacks is no easy feat. Urthbox takes the guesswork out of snacking by helping people discover trendy, healthy snacks each month. It's an affordable and convenient provider of tasty, good-for-you foods. 

Focusing on all-natural, non-GMO and organic brands, UrthBox ships its customers pre-selected goodies ranging from cookies to enriched waters.

How does it work? It's easy, I swear. Customers pick the size of their snack box and the number of times they want a box delivered to them. Plus, customers can customize their snack boxes to accommodate dietary restrictions. I received my very own Urthbox, and here's my opinion. 

My Box

I decided to order a classic small box, which contains a total of 12 snacks. My first thought? This box was anything but small. There were a ton of different snacks for me to sample, and here's a review of each product. 

Smash Mallow

Smash Mallow is now going to be a permanent part of my pantry. It's a guilt-free and inventive marshmallow company that offers cool flavors like mint chocolate chip and cinnamon churro—all under 100 calories a serving. Needless to say, I was pretty excited to try the lemon poppy seed flavor.

Honestly, it was the fluffiest, most flavorful marshmallow I've ever tasted. Bursting with zest and poppy seeds, I couldn't stop munching on them. I highly recommend these guys if you love sugar or want to add a unique twist on your s'mores

Mary Macleod's Shortbread Cookies

You know those shortbread cookies you buy in aluminum tins during Christmas that are super addictive? Well, Mary's Macleod Shortbread Cookies are immensely better than those store-bought phonies. A secret family recipe, founder Mary Macleod was dedicated to making cookies that preserved the integrity of her grandmother's speciality.

I tried the signature chocolate crunch, and I quickly discovered why it's the most popular. Rich and buttery, I was left craving more of these addicting treats.

Whole Cuts 

For all my potato chip fanatics, UrthBox didn't forget about you. In fact, here we've got one of the best chips I've ever tasted: Whole Cuts. Instead of being fried and shaped like a conventional chip, Whole Cuts is baked and shaped like a French fry, without all the unnecessary calories and fats from being drenched in oil. They're super crispy and satisfying to bite into.

I sampled the Salt & Vinegar, which tasted exactly like your Lay's potato chip, except less fatty. I actually felt energized after eating these guys, instead of feeling sluggish after eating junk food. I'm definitely excited to try out more flavors, even though I'm not the biggest fan of salty snacks.

Hungry Buddha 

Coconuts are one of the trendiest foods because of their versatility. You can drink its water, use it as a cooking oil and even make them into chips. Buddha Brands is a company obsessed with coconuts in all its forms, including a snack version. With chips ranging in flavors from Sriracha to pumpkin, you're bound to find something that'll hit your craving.

I tried the honey flavor, and it was the crispiest, most delicately-flavored coconut chip I've had. The honey does plenty to sweeten it without overpowering the flavor of the coconut, so if you want something that tastes like coconut with a little something extra, I recommend this flavor.

Wanu Water

Need something to wash it all down? UrthBox really did think of everything when curating this box, because here is Wanu Water, a refreshing, nutrient-rich drink. Fruit-infused water has become a big trend, but what's unique about Wanu is that it's packed with antioxidants and fiber, so you're getting a ton of nutrients in.

The Kiwi Cucumber flavor was refreshing and light, as if I were sipping on a drink at a high-end spa. It was a great way to hydrate after my workout, since it's packed with essential vitamins.

Maddy & Maize Popcorn

At amusement parks, one of my favorite things to snack on is kettle corn. It's sweeter than movie theatre popcorn, and comes in so many cool flavors that it's hard to pass up on. Maddy & Maize brings you that same nostalgic experience without having to trek to an amusement park, and makes an all-natural, non-GMO popcorns.

The bourbon barbecue flavor was nothing like I'd ever had before. It's got a great smoky flavor from the barbecue and added complexity and depth from the bourbon. Have this on-hand the next time you're cracking open a cold one with the boys (or girls).

Pure Growth Organic

Looking for a more kid-friendly popcorn option? UrthBox didn't neglect you. Pure Growth Organic is all about organic snacks for the kiddos, but that doesn't mean college students can't enjoy them. In fact, I devoured my sample almost instantly.

I love white cheddar Pirate's Booty, and this product tastes almost exactly like that. It's got that same sharp flavor with fewer calories and cleaner ingredients.

Surf Sweets

Surf Sweets is a gummy company that produces candies that are top ten allergen friendly. Not only is it more mindful and accommodating to dietary restrictions, but it's also dedicated to giving back to the community by purchasing all ingredients fair trade. 

The Organic Fruity Bears are an upgraded version of Haribo gummy bears. The company uses fruit juices to sweeten their bites, and with flavors like grapefruit and orange (my personal favorite), you won't be able to stop yourself from eating just one packet.

Nut Butter Nation

When I say that I'm a nut butter aficionado, I don't mean that lightly. I have tried upwards of 50 flavors from birthday cake to vanilla maple frosting. However, despite being familiar with these cool variations, I had yet to come across a Brown Sugar Cinnamon Peanut Butter, so already, Nut Butter Nation peaked my interest.

Like me, Nut Butter Nation is obsessed with nut butters. More specifically, this company creates unique flavors that aren't full of preservatives or additives.

I had my peanut butter with some French toast, and let me tell you how life-changing this experience was. I love a strong cinnamon flavor in my French Toast, and that's what I got when I stuffed my bread with Nut Butter Nation. Garnishing the dish with bananas made for a bunch that Elvis would be proud of.

Pirouline Cookies

A couple of months ago, Starbucks released a cookie straw that blew up on social media. However, it's got nothing on Pirouline, the original wafer cookie.

I had the classic chocolate rolled wafer in my UrthBox and I munched on one by itself, which was already amazing. But then, I had the brilliant idea of sticking it in some vanilla ice cream, and, well, I can't eat ice cream the same way ever again.

Sportea

I don't drink coffee, but that doesn't mean that I don't need my caffeine just like every other human being. I've tried other energizing drinks, but Sportea takes the cake. It's a "high-performance" company that provides sustained energy using all-natural ingredients like ginger and ginseng. It's also delicious, with a distinctive, floral taste that avid tea lovers will flock to.

I had a cup of tea with my breakfast before working out, and I definitely felt that boost of energy that Sportea claims it gives. I didn't have to take a break during my run, and my mile time was reduced by 10 seconds. If you're looking for something to replace your Gatorade, try Sportea.

Tree Hugger Gum

Now that you've tried all these snacks, you probably want some gum to clear your breath. UrthBox really did think of everything, because I present to you Tree Hugger Gum, an all-natural gum company. 

I received both a piece of bubble gum and a lollipop, and both were even better than the ones you'd pay $0.25 for at the store for. The sour apple and grape flavors didn't have that weird artificial taste, and it was the perfect way to end my taste adventure.

Dream Water

As someone who suffers from chronic insomnia, I've been depending on maximum strength sleeping pills because melatonin doesn't cut it for me anymore. When I saw the Dream Water shot in my UrthBox, I was skeptical, because it was a drug free drink to take before bed that contained melatonin.

I shouldn't have doubted its magic, because I downed it (it tasted like cough medicine, but less pungent), and within forty-five minutes, I was feeling drowsy. I eventually fell into a deep slumber and woke up totally refreshed. This drink may just become a staple in my nighttime routine.

Final Thoughts

All in all, I thought UrthBox did a great job in catering to all cravings I could possibly have. It's a worthwhile subscription service, perhaps even more so than Netflix. Not only are you exploring different snacks, but you're supporting companies that aim to provide healthy alternatives to mainstream brands.