As a rising senior in college, I am very aware that in a few short months, I will be an "adult." Although I'm stressing out about my future, I'm confident in my cooking abilities, as I've mastered certain college dinner recipes while in school. Here's what you should know how to cook before you graduate. 

1. Shakshouka

tomato, pepper
Jeanne Kessira

While Shakshouka is usually a breakfast or brunch dish, I think that it makes a delicious dinner. These Tunisian-style eggs can be modified depending on what veggies you have in the fridge, and can be made as spicy as you dare.

2. Fried Rice

rice, fried rice, vegetable, risotto, chicken, meat, pork
Abigail Wilkins

This takeout favorite can be easily made using stale rice, frozen veggies, and eggs. Make it fit your tastes by adding shrimp or chicken, Sriracha, or frying the eggs instead.

3. Homemade Meatballs

chicken, sauce
Becca Miller

Meatballs are a great food to know how to cook because they can be used for so many things. Whether it be for spaghetti and meatballs or a meatball sub, this Italian classic is a staple anyone should know. 

4. Grilled Cheese

meat, cake, pastry, sweet, pie, cheese
Kylie Kinder

Grilled cheese is a classic, but how to make it even better? One way is to make it cheese-encrusted. Pair it with some tomato soup, and you have got yourself one delicious dinner. 

5. Tacos

tacos, salsa, beef
Benjamin Martin

Everyone loves tacos. But what about Korean tacos? This food truck favorite combines Mexican and Korean flavors with bulgogi, sour cream, Sriracha, tortillas, and kimchi. Basically the definition of a melting pot. 

6. Baked Lemon and Herb Salmon

salmon, fish, seafood

This baked lemon and herb salmon was one of my go-to dinners when I was studying abroad in London. It's easy to throw together and there is little mess because everything is in tin foil. Sometimes I would even eat out of the foil just so I didn't have to use a plate!

7. Steak Dinner

asparagus, meat, vegetable
Joyce Zhan

Impress your friends (or date) with this seared steak dinner. You might think that this is an advanced skill, but perfectly cooking a steak only takes 15 minutes. 

#SpoonTip: Not sure how when your steak is cooked? Use this finger test.

8. Stuffed Red Peppers

pepper, vegetable, rice, tomato
Megan Prendergast

These stuffed peppers are filled with wild rice, black beans, corn, and vegetables. While they seem hard to make, they are a snap to throw together and are good for you too.

9. Roast Chicken

chicken, meat, turkey
Helena Lin

One #adulting skill that I have yet to master is how to efficiently use leftovers. This recipe shows you how to do just that, by making one roast chicken. This will be useful when you are meal prepping for the week ahead.

10. Homemade Tomato Sauce

tea
Jake Popescu

Making my own tomato sauce was one of the first things I learned how to cook by myself. This roasted tomato sauce is super simple to make because you just throw everything in the oven, blend it, and serve over pasta.

11. Pork Noodle Stir-Fry

pasta, spaghetti, pork
Kirby Barth

Stop wasting your time and money on takeout and make your own stir fry. This pork noodle stir-fry can be tweaked to include whatever you have in your fridge. It's perfect for nights when you need to whip up a quick dinner in between your internship and study session. 

12. Baked Mac and Cheese

cheese
Alia Nahra

Mac and cheese is one of those nostalgic dinners that is so good on chilly evenings. This baked mac and cheese recipe takes the childhood favorite and elevates it. Forget the Kraft dinners and make this instead.

13. Homemade Burger

cheese, steak
Analiese Trimber

Burgers are an essential part for your summer BBQs, and this recipe shows you how to make it on a grill or pan. Make it a bit more "adult" with a fried egg or bleu cheese. 

Being an adult doesn't have to be scary or overwhelming. Using these college dinner recipes are an easy way to make it look like you have everything together, even if you are stressing out about life. Don't stress. Everything will be fine!