As people become increasingly aware of "eating healthy," one of the largest beneficiaries is the gluten-free market. While this diet was originally devised specifically for people with celiac disease, more and more Americans have started to avoid gluten on a daily basis.

The portion of US population following a gluten-free diet without a medical need to do so more than tripled from 2009 to 2014. Even though the market expanded quickly, gluten-free meal options remain limited. That being said, I've decided to compile a list of 10 gluten-free cereals you didn't know about—but can easily find—to help you explore potential choices.

1. Post Pebbles

candy
Katie Walsh

The Pebbles cereal under Post Consumer Brands has always been a safe choice for celiacs. These cereals are rice-based, and free of all gluten-containing ingredients. While Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles were the originals, Post has come up with more creative and gluten-free cereal flavors over the past two years to lure its buyers.

You can now find Cinnamon Pebbles  Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles  as well as Fruity Pebbles treats in the store. What's more, in order to appeal to the "healthy" campaign, Post even started reducing the amount of sugar in these cereals back in 2009.

2. Cheerios

cereal, wheat, sweet, corn, Bowl, Cheerios, oats, Gluten Free, breakfast
Caroline Ingalls

Contrary to Post Pebbles, Cheerios were not always gluten-free. In fact, they were made gluten-free merely two years ago to accommodate the increasing population of people following the gluten-free diet. By removing the small amounts of wheat, rye, and barley inadvertently introduced into its supply of whole oats, General Mills successfully made all of its products gluten-free, including the most popular, Honey Nut Cheerios and Original Cheerios.

3. Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate

sweet, honey, milk
Juliette Firla

Unfortunately, among the 10 types of Honey Bunches of Oats produced by Post, Chocolate is the only one labeled as a gluten-free cereal. While all the other kinds use whole grain wheat as a primary ingredient, the chocolate version replaces it with corn, rice, and oats.

4. Lucky Charms

cream, cake
Elise Fegler

Frankly, I've always thought of Lucky Charms as Cheerios with added sugar. That being said, it should be less surprising that Lucky Charms has also gone gluten-free. Clearly, General Mills is giving consideration to the fact that 30 percent of the US population is avoiding gluten intake.

5. Chex Cereal

meat, vegetable, rice, chicken
Elise Takahama

With the exception of Wheat Chex, the Chex brand produces a total of seven products that are gluten-free. Rice, corn, honey-nut, cinnamon, chocolate, vanilla, blueberry... all these flavors are banded as gluten-free cereals. The ultimate catchline is that all of these are also made without artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.

6. Nestlé Corn Flakes

corn, cornflakes, sweet, salt, chips, tortilla chips, cereal
Aakanksha Joshi

To better suit the needs of those with dietary restrictions, Nestlé launched the GoFree brand. By producing four varieties including Corn Flakes, Rice Pops, Coco Rice, and Honey Flakes, it has succeeded in offering delicious options to a larger, gluten-free crowd.

7. Van's

Although Van's itself is not particularly big in the breakfast cereal category, it is completely gluten-free. It covers the most typical flavors like berry, cinnamon, honey, and cocoa, while saving you the time of having to check each cereal's gluten content—because all of them are gluten-free!

8. EnviroKidz

Nature's Path Envirokidz Granola Bites (Mixed Berries and Apple Cinnamon)

theimpulsivebuy on Flickr

If you don't recognize this name, it's probably because EnviroKidz is ran by Nature's Path and dedicated to kids. Not only are its cereals gluten-free, they are also branded as USDA certified organic and non-GMO. So give it a try—who knows, maybe kids' cereals are better?

9. Erewhon

Erewhon

cjeden on Flickr

Erewhon Organic Cereals is created by Attune Foods, yet another brand that's been following the organic philosophy. In addition to being organic, non-GMO, and peanut-free, all six products under the Erewhon brand are also considered gluten-free cereals and are simply delicious.

10. Puffins Multigrain Cereal

Puffins Cereal, Pumpkin Spice, Pics by Mike Mozart of TheToyChannel and JeepersMedia on YouTube #Puffins #Cereal #Pumpkin #Spice

JeepersMedia on Flickr

Multigrain but wheat-free, huh, did it make you wonder for a second? It turns out that Puffins uses pure oats, brown rice, and corn pillows to make the cereal both gluten-free and dairy-free. Moreover, it's low-fat, fiber-rich, and cholesterol-free, so if any of these has been a concern, there you go!

Excited about exploring the 10 gluten-free cereals you didn't know about? So am I. For y'all who have extra time in the morning or are in the mood of mix-and-match, feel free to check out the gluten-free pancakes, high-protein chocolate cookies, pumpkin muffins, and crepes that we've prepared specially for you!