President-elect Donald Trump has made it clear that he thinks climate change is a "hoax," that could be "disastrous" for business, but many businesses, including many major food companies, don't seem to agree. 

grass, pasture
Katie Cruz

Hundreds of companies have come together to urge the president-elect to not abandon the global climate deal and Paris Treaty to commit the US to clean-energy, Co2 emission regulations, and investment in sustainable manufacturing. 

In a plea addressed to Donald Trump, the White House, and Obama, the companies express concern of the dangers of abandoning clean-energy investment and business practices. 

They point out that low-carbon practices ensure prosperity in the future, and maintaining these policies encourages confidence for investors world-wide. 

They state, "the Paris Agreement will enable and encourage businesses and investors to turn the billions of dollars in existing low-carbon investments into the trillions of dollars the world...." in the document, which can be found here

cream, coffee, chocolate, milk, sweet
Becky Hughes

Many food companies have signed the pact, including Starbucks, Annie's, Ben & Jerry's, Dannon, Mars Incorporated, Kellogg's, General Mills, Fiberactive Organics, Quest, Stonyfield, Unilever (which owns brands such as Lipton, Hellmann's, Country Crock, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter), Mission Chinese, and more.

Some beverage companies and breweries have also signed the pact, indicating that turning up can be done without risking damage to the planet.

The Craft Brew Alliance, Strong Brewing Co., and Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. are among them.

Only time will tell if Trump gives consideration to these major corporations and/or the scientific community at-large, but if you want to help do your part to combat climate change, call your local representative and urge them to advocate for clean energy investment.