"Worthy nourishment. Worthy people. Worthy products." That's The Worthy Company's motto. Whether you're looking for breakfast, a quick snack, or a dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth, you're going to want to check this one out. 

Gone are the days of fueling your studying with snacks that make your brain sluggish and your body feel like a limp noodle. Here to stay is this snack that you can carry around wherever you go. As an added bonus, you can have it delivered straight to your door

But first, I'm sure that you're going to want to know how it all started...

The Worthy Company

The Worthy Company was first born out of pure necessity. A busy working mother moved from New York City, aka the land of easy food options, to a small town in Connecticut. She quickly discovered that fast and healthy nutrition was significantly harder to come by. 

The two creative minds behind The Worthy Company came up with the idea to make their own nutritious, satisfying snacks when they realized that no one could find what they wanted already available. After a bit of recipe testing, they came up with eight delicious recipes. 

Since launching in August of 2016, the company has expanded rapidly. They started selling in small local stores, then moved to Amazon, and now they're starting to pop up on supermarket shelves around the country.

Superfood Blendies

The Worthy Company's Superfood Blendie, a spoonable mix of fresh fruits, veggies, legumes, and chia, is non-GMO and dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. It's packed with protein and fiber, three servings of fruits and vegetables, and only 220 calories. 

One of my personal favorite characteristics of the Blendies is their spoon-ability. I personally don't feel satisfied after drinking a smoothie or juice with nothing else. 

In addition, the use of whole fruits and veggies means that your body will metabolize the sugar slowly. You can thank the fiber for that. No more food comas or sugar highs followed by crashes.  

There are three delicious, yet very different, flavors on the market: Strawberries and Greens, Green Tropics, and Dark Cocoa Cherry. 

Ways to use your Blendie

As a college student, one of the huge benefits that I see in the Blendie's is that it doesn't need to be refrigerated. Freshman year my dorm room was minuscule so didn't have room for a stack of yogurts in my fridge. 

I like to eat the Blendies plain with a spoon, especially when they've been sitting in the fridge or freezer for a few hours. Because I like to make my food Instagrammable, I always go for lots of fresh fruit, nut butters, and granola as toppings

Even if you're not a big fan of the color or texture, it's a great candidate for adding to recipes to increase their nutritional value. 

Personally, I love to add about 1/2 of a Green Tropics or Strawberries and Greens Blendie into my morning smoothie.

If you're ready to get a little wild, try substituting the Dark Cocoa Cherry blendie into your baked goods. It works the same way as swapping out yogurt for any butter or oil in the recipe. I've had fantastic luck with using it in chocolate cake for a dense, fudgy dessert.

Why it's worth a try

Not only does The Worthy Company produce a product that's great for your mind and body, but they're also doing great things for the community. The charitable arm of the company, called "Worthy Projects," works to provide monetary and time donations to a variety of causes. 

They bring yoga to inner-city kids. Employees visit schools after hours to work on recipe development with young girls. And, perhaps most importantly, they help disadvantaged children to boost their confidence in school and discover opportunities in the food industry. 

I'm sure you've heard enough already to know that you want to try this stuff ASAP. The easiest way to get it, no matter where you're located, is through Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime, it'll be in your mouth in two days.

It's about time you found a snack worthy of fueling your afternoon of studies, or other shenanigans.