Every college student knows snacks are a great way to sustain energy through classes, late evenings on campus and long nights at the library. It can sometimes be difficult to find healthy, easy and accessible options on campus. These seven snacks can be easily stored in your backpack to be eaten later in the week. Try incorporating these unique and good-for-you options to your diet to boost your snack game this fall!

1. Snapea Crisps

Harvest Snaps' Snapea Crisps are essentially green peas baked with vegetable oil and spices for flavoring. There are many different flavors ranging from lightly salted, to Caesar, to wasabi ranch. They are so flavorful that even vegetable-haters like the taste. For those who can't stand the thought of eating green peas, they also come in lentil bean and black bean forms, with similar and still great flavors. Coming in with 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber per serving, Snapea Crisps are a healthier substitute to chips or crackers, and they go great with dips like hummus.

2. Roasted Chickpeas

Chickpeas are a staple in many healthy diets around the world. They're loved because of their delicious taste and health benefits. Roasted chickpeas provide the same great flavors as foods like hummus and chicken masala, but in a more transportable form. Depending on your taste preferences, there are many flavors ranging from savory, like sea salt or smoky chili and lime, to sweet, like cinnamon or chocolate. With 6 grams of protein and only 3 grams of fat per serving, chickpeas are a healthy and portable snack perfect for taking to class. If you're adventurous enough, try making your own!

3. RX Bars

RX Bars may be the trendiest protein bars on the market right now. YouTube fitness stars such as Whitney Simmons even proclaim them as some of the best because of the satisfying taste and wholesome benefits. Each bar is made with whole ingredients like egg whites, almonds and cashews - but with zero added sugar. Some popular flavors include chocolate sea salt, blueberry and peanut butter. For extreme fall lovers, the limited edition pumpkin spice flavor will truly boost your snack game this fall. Each bar contains 100 percent real ingredients, 12 grams of protein and 210 calories. 

4. SkinnyPop Popcorn

SkinnyPop Popcorn is a super healthy alternative to movie theater popcorn. It's low-cal - enough that you can eat multiple cups without feeling the guilt of salt and butter. A little less than four cups of SkinnyPop is only 150 calories. Popcorn alone is already a great source of fiber and a common snack staple for those seeking gluten-free alternatives. Besides the original flavor, which is essentially dressed with light salt and sunflower oil, there are cheddar and naturally sweet flavors, as well. SkinnyPop recently hit the shelves in the microwave form, too! 

5. Edamame 

Edamame beans are immaturely grown soy beans and a popular staple food in eastern Asia. However, with Asian-American chain restaurants such as Pei Wei, edamame has become well-known in the States. At restaurants, it typically comes in the pod, but it's easy to find at the grocery store in the just the pea form, which is very portable. Edamame is also a great, non-animal protein source because half a cup contains a whopping 13 grams of protein.

edamame, fava beans, broad beans, pasture, pea, vegetable, legume
Sarah Goldman

6. Nut-Thins 

For anyone that loves snacking on almonds, Blue Diamond Nut-Thins are a great way to change things up. Made from almonds, they pair well with dips like hummus or spinach and artichoke dip. They're also a lower-carb alternative to normal crackers. About 16 crackers contain only 130 calories and 2 grams of fat. Nut-Thins come in various flavors like sea salt, cheddar cheese, country ranch and honey cinnamon.  

7. Pumpkin Seeds

One of the best parts of carving a pumpkin is getting to dig out the seeds from the inside and make them into a delicious snack. If you like eating other nut and seed snacks, pumpkin seeds could be a great addition to your fall diet. You can buy them raw almost anywhere you buy other nuts or seeds, or you can scoop them from your own pumpkin and roast them yourself! One cup of pumpkin seeds has around 12 grams of protein, making them a filling snack. And because they come straight out of pumpkins, they're the perfect way to boost your snack game this fall!

Kaitlyn Mulligan