Looking for a new go-to cocktail to spice up your night out? We’ve all been there, the moment you’re at a pregame and all of your friends know exactly what they want to drink. You feel lost, confused, and tired of the same old choices, without any ideas for an alternative to drink.

But after an extensive search for our perfect new cocktail, we have finally found the Cosmopolitan. This iconic drink gained its popularity in the 90s from the hit TV show, and our personal favorite, Sex and the City. Carrie Bradshaw’s signature drink is certainly the main character—one sip and you are immediately transported to a night like hers, out on the town.

The Cosmopolitan’s classic taste and vibrant pink color will make you the life of any event. Forget the basic tequila shots that we all know no one truly enjoys and try this sweet and sophisticated cocktail instead! All you need are these four simple ingredients

The Sex and the City Cosmopolitan

• Cook Time:0

• 1½ oz. preferred Vodka—We are fans Tito’s Vodka!
  • 1/2 oz Cointreau—orange flavored Triple sec
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
  • 1 oz. cranberry juice
  • Orange or lime slice
Giphy

Add ice to a cocktail shaker, or a cup if you don’t have one on hand, and pour in your vodka, Triple sec, lime juice, and cranberry juice.

water, beer, alcohol, liquor, wine, vodka
    Christin Urso

Once your essential ingredients are added, shake it all up!

Photo by Jenny Pace on Unsplash

Pour your mix into a martini glass and add an orange or lime slice for garnish!

Nina Backer

There you have it – A Sex and the City Cosmopolitan!

A cosmo is the greatest for any pregame, party, dinner, or even just a casual drink for sipping on while getting ready for a night out. Nothing will put you in the partying mood like a few fresh sips of a this cosmopolitan. Just don’t have too many at once!

This drink will give you that warm feeling inside without the daunting feeling attached to having a drink that tastes a bit too strong. And most importantly, don’t forget to share this with friends like Carrie Bradshaw would. Cheers!

Sex and the City continues to leave a lasting impact on pop culture (Read: 5 Food Crazes We Should Thank Sex and the City For & What Each Character in Sex and the City Taught Me About Love)

We just relaunched Spoon University on our campus! Join a food community that helps you build your confidence in becoming a real adult. Spoon is powered by thousands of members around the world who build local communities at their college campuses, Spoon Chapters, to connect with others through their love of food. Apply HERE.

Read more from Spoon UW - Madison:

Where to Eat in Madison on Family Weekend When Reservations Are All Booked Up!

Share Food With Friends on the Pepper App

Read more articles on food in media below:

What Midnight Snack Should You Eat Based on Your Favorite Midnights Song?

Food in Film: Studio Ghibli’s Nostalgic Homage to Home-Cooked Meals

Why Is Gen Z So Obsessed With Guy Fieri?

Utah's Dirty Sodas Hit the Mainstream on TikTok

Inside Coffee Bae Coffee World: How a TikTok Creator Launched Her Own Coffee Line